Help me not get financially ruined

Funny you say that.....even the local post office have a little giggle seeing my inventive re-use of wine cartons.

There's probably enough cartons in the attic for a tandem to be honest. ;)
Childlike wonder and ingenuity, Woz. I believe it was hamster on here that shipped me a stem in a plastic bottle which to date is one of my favourite parcels. Mostly because it was a combination of the plastic bottle and brown tape, making it look utterly shady. It's the only parcel that they never bothered to do the customs/tax work on, they didn't even charge me a handling fee and this was post Brexit. Ghetto parcels are the best parcels.

Quality!

Years ago I got a front mech from Oslo to Stockholm. Got the impression the seller went to the kitchen, grabbed a box of biscuits, ate the biscuits on the way to the post office, stuffed in the front mech padded out with a bunch of receipts found in the post office bin, used the tape at the post office to finish the packing and slapped on a bunch of stamps. At the time it was hard to give 5 stars for packing, but I realised later it was utter genius.

BTW the bags in the wine box when re-inflated make great air padding cushions too for wheels and frames!

Well I've had my dose this evening and pursuing what Carge said on page 4 about "Smuggling in plain sight".....

Hat's off to the Yanks doing everything bigger.......this is well mental. Officially retro at 1984 too!

I think the customs would faint at the very site of it never mind the ship hands worrying about ballast! o_O

1653336353169.png

Well I've had my dose this evening and pursuing what Carge said on page 4 about "Smuggling in plain sight".....

Hat's off to the Yanks doing everything bigger.......this is well mental. Officially retro at 1984 too!

I think the customs would faint at the very site of it never mind the ship hands worrying about ballast! o_O

View attachment 629940
Damn ....is that Cheech Marin? If it is I reckon their smugglin a few bales of hay!

On the positive side the points on the ferry loyalty card would soon mount up with four crossings a day. :LOL:

1653338255378.png

Tis undeniably very cute though.....alas no passengers because the front wheel needs to go somewhere!

Face of a man who's spent a fortune making sure that the taxman has a roof over his head. Parcel will be picked up tomorrow and make its journey "Europe by Road". Any chances they may make a cock up and forget to charge me or will it be directly handed to the evil folks at Postnord in Denmark by arrival at the border? Time will tell.

Had a nice walk in one of the national parks to clear my mind, and came to the conclusion that the bike will make me happy, and you can't put a price on happiness. :)

But apparently you can put a tax on happiness to make it nearly double the initial amount!!!! :mad:🤬

Until arrival I am enjoying the fairytales in my head, of bike smuggling.

So cheers

Attachments

• 20220523_225433.jpg
    20220523_225433.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 1
Back