Help me not get financially ruined

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Funny you say that.....even the local post office have a little giggle seeing my inventive re-use of wine cartons.

There's probably enough cartons in the attic for a tandem to be honest. ;)
Childlike wonder and ingenuity, Woz. I believe it was hamster on here that shipped me a stem in a plastic bottle which to date is one of my favourite parcels. Mostly because it was a combination of the plastic bottle and brown tape, making it look utterly shady. It's the only parcel that they never bothered to do the customs/tax work on, they didn't even charge me a handling fee and this was post Brexit. Ghetto parcels are the best parcels.

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Quality!

Years ago I got a front mech from Oslo to Stockholm. Got the impression the seller went to the kitchen, grabbed a box of biscuits, ate the biscuits on the way to the post office, stuffed in the front mech padded out with a bunch of receipts found in the post office bin, used the tape at the post office to finish the packing and slapped on a bunch of stamps. At the time it was hard to give 5 stars for packing, but I realised later it was utter genius.

BTW the bags in the wine box when re-inflated make great air padding cushions too for wheels and frames!

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well I've had my dose this evening and pursuing what Carge said on page 4 about "Smuggling in plain sight".....

Hat's off to the Yanks doing everything bigger.......this is well mental. Officially retro at 1984 too!

I think the customs would faint at the very site of it never mind the ship hands worrying about ballast! o_O

1653336353169.png

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Well I've had my dose this evening and pursuing what Carge said on page 4 about "Smuggling in plain sight".....

Hat's off to the Yanks doing everything bigger.......this is well mental. Officially retro at 1984 too!

I think the customs would faint at the very site of it never mind the ship hands worrying about ballast! o_O

View attachment 629940
Damn ....is that Cheech Marin? If it is I reckon their smugglin a few bales of hay!

Woz

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
On the positive side the points on the ferry loyalty card would soon mount up with four crossings a day. :LOL:

1653338255378.png

Tis undeniably very cute though.....alas no passengers because the front wheel needs to go somewhere!

Imlach

Kona Fan
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Face of a man who's spent a fortune making sure that the taxman has a roof over his head. Parcel will be picked up tomorrow and make its journey "Europe by Road". Any chances they may make a cock up and forget to charge me or will it be directly handed to the evil folks at Postnord in Denmark by arrival at the border? Time will tell.

Had a nice walk in one of the national parks to clear my mind, and came to the conclusion that the bike will make me happy, and you can't put a price on happiness. :)

But apparently you can put a tax on happiness to make it nearly double the initial amount!!!! :mad:🤬

Until arrival I am enjoying the fairytales in my head, of bike smuggling.

So cheers

Attachments

• 20220523_225433.jpg
    20220523_225433.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 1