Hayes 22mm to flat mount brake adapters

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It dawned on me the other day that i could probably fit one of the new Hope x2 flat mount calipers on the 22mm Hayes mounts on my old Spooky. Anyway after a bit of internet research, it turns out that i'm by no means the first person to consider this and that it is physically, totally possible. There is a guy on a US forum who has made a beautiful little adapter. I am going to try and order one from him, but before i do i wondered if anyone in the UK had made one? On the basis that it might take ages to arrive from the USA i have ordered some 6mm aluminium plate and am going to make my own in the interim. If anyone has made one would you mind sharing the successful dimensions?
Thanks

Rich

I’ve literally just removed my Spooky mount/ Hope mount ready to take to my friends CNC shop next week (see my other thread) as part of a batch of rare items to have reproduced

Attachments

• D758E6DF-2FC2-4724-8D50-019D782F2037.jpeg
    D758E6DF-2FC2-4724-8D50-019D782F2037.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 21
Cool, but what i'm trying to do is make a hayes 22mm to the new 34mm flat mount standard adapter, then i can use a brand new hope x2 caliper in there.
I have seen some drawings for one made for an old klein but they look a bit off to me.

Would be interested to see what you are able to come up with. Last year. I managed to design and have manufactured an IS bracket for the Bandwagon frames that has been very successful

It dawned on me the other day that i could probably fit one of the new Hope x2 flat mount calipers on the 22mm Hayes mounts on my old Spooky. Anyway after a bit of internet research, it turns out that i'm by no means the first person to consider this and that it is physically, totally possible. There is a guy on a US forum who has made a beautiful little adapter. I am going to try and order one from him, but before i do i wondered if anyone in the UK had made one? On the basis that it might take ages to arrive from the USA i have ordered some 6mm aluminium plate and am going to make my own in the interim. If anyone has made one would you mind sharing the successful dimensions?
Thanks

Rich
Ive actually designed and produced one that adapts the usage of the 34mm flat mount brake calipers. Its currently going through a slimming process/revision to fit smaller frames.

I have this one mounted to my Klein Attitude Comp, and another one (ver 2.0) going onto my small frame trek 6500.

Attachments

• 20210930_220632.jpg
    20210930_220632.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20210930_221908.jpg
    20210930_221908.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210930_221912.jpg
    20210930_221912.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 52
That's neat. I think I've seen these mounts on Trek VRX bikes too, nice to keep the options open for fitting new calipers.

Ive actually designed and produced one that adapts the usage of the 34mm flat mount brake calipers. Its currently going through a slimming process/revision to fit smaller frames.

I have this one mounted to my Klein Attitude Comp, and another one (ver 2.0) going onto my small frame trek 6500.
This is interesting. Can you provide a graphic with sizes?
I would like to bring a flat mount brake to Hayes 22 mm holes.

Thanks

Rich
Did you ever get one of these adapters with a flat mount on your spooky?

I did. I bought one from a chap in the US called Eric. He is on the Bonus Tomato website. He had a load 3d printed in steel. Worked a treat with a flatmount caliper on my old Pitboss. It's in storage at the mo otherwise i'd send you a picture.

Rich

Back