Does anyone own this Marin Muirwoods?

Silvergoat

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
On my ride to work in Wimbledon, I go past this lonely sad looking Marin Muirwoods which appeared a couple of months back. It's been chained up in the same spot in the same position in the same high street for many weeks now. It seems like it's never been moved in all that time. I used to have a 1991 Muirwoods, so it caught my eye. May be it has an owner. May be it's lost/stolen. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2238.JPG
    IMG_2238.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2234.JPG
    IMG_2234.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2233.JPG
    IMG_2233.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_2232.JPG
    IMG_2232.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 563
Re:

Although not mine, i'd like to have a chat with the owner about saddle position and stem arrangement :LOL:

Looks like a ride and ditch carboot special for a student etc...

Or even a police sting bike!

Re:

It ain't gonna go far without a chain ;)
Unless the use the one with the padlock!

Re:

Do we assume this is the work of 'Light Fingered Freddie'?

Is it one of those 'jobs' that get parked somewhere to be 'retrieved' some time later?

I can see the thing from my office – it's been parked there in the same stance. The chain isn't the usual sort of bike lock one would expect from a proper cyclist.

The ridiculous stem/bar end position first got me curious.

That bike needs a good home. Before more parts go missing bit by bit. What should one do?

Take the frame number and check it with plod, report it as found at same time. Then retrieve it. After 28 days if nobody claims it it's yours. Leave a note on rack when you do to take all reasonable steps to trace owner.

Simples

Re:

I'll see if it's still there intact on Monday morning. Will find the frame number and inform the local plods, plus the notice. There's a row of bike racks in that location with varying occupiers but the Marin is the one constant. It does have the air of abandonment about it. You see bikes chained up for ages and slowly, they're vandalised and picked clean of useful bits. It sad to see a bike like that.

Re:

They don't treat there bikes very well in Wimbledon, I was visiting the other day to survey a shop and saw a Klein just chucked on the pavement.

Back