Does anyone own this Marin Muirwoods?

Re:

I have a bike that had been abandoned - mine wasn't even locked up.

I called the police who just asked me for a description and the location, then told me to go and take it, and that if no-one claimed it it was mine: it's now only two weeks you have to wait before it's yours - it used to be longer apparently. Make sure you get a reference number when you call - I didn't so I guess it could have been awkward if another policeperson saw me take it and it hadn't been put on the computer or something, and obviously you're going to be a bit more obvious cutting a chain than I was slinging mine in the boot.

Re: Re:

OldBlokOldBikes":svrcmo4v said:
I have a bike that had been abandoned - mine wasn't even locked up.

This is the big difference, yours wasn't locked, this one is. Cutting the lock could be considered criminal damage. You can't go round cutting a lock off a bike, you have to prove it's abandoned first.

Re:

I go via a wormhole avoiding Alfie Moon on the Common and then past Great Uncle Bulgaria & Co, using Tobermory's tricycle.

Re:

Update: Muirwoods still chained and never moved, but now down on the ground out for the count, waiting for the grim reaper of bikes to assail it with vandals and scavengers. A very sad sight to pass every day. The X-Rated X.05 dirt bike is still parked next to it. The pair have been there for a long time now.

Attachments

• IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 170

groovyblueshed":20k0d4h7 said:
Update: Muirwoods still chained and never moved, but now down on the ground out for the count, waiting for the grim reaper of bikes to assail it with vandals and scavengers. A very sad sight to pass every day. The X-Rated X.05 dirt bike is still parked next to it. The pair have been there for a long time now.
I'd stand that back up again. As is, it's likely to court scavengers and abuse.

Neil":344vpxjy said:
groovyblueshed":344vpxjy said:
I'd stand that back up again. As is, it's likely to court scavengers and abuse.

Yes, have done – before restoring its dignity and uprighting it again, I managed to clean over and take note of the frame number under the BB – will supply details to the local cop shop, in case someone's missing it. Just seems odd to leave a chainless old classic Marin loosely locked up for months without moving, on a scuzzy main road by a car park behind Wimbledon theatre.

Maybe it was Vinny's before he embarked on his acting career Via the theatre workshop ; it's been emotional.

Re:

...now appearing as Mother Goose... I think Alfie Moon might have had a turn on it to go over the Common too. Ken Dodd is on this June, so I guess his Diddy Men might fettle it with tickling sticks ;)

Back