Da funk is this...

With two lots of paint touching up on the headtube there was a little two much paint in there for my liking...tut tut.

Figured this would work...and it does!
Round and round we go slowly catchy monkey....
Aaaaaaaand it's to size 😊

IMG_20220620_202653_277.jpg

Took the paint off the faces greased it up and pressed them races in....then cut the fork steerer down to length....
And put em together.....
Ahhhh.... Happy days.....😁

IMG_20220620_224412_364.jpg

Tomorrows action?
Major tidy....need to be clean and organised now....because... I will not damage the paint....I'm just going to repeat that again.....don't feckin bugger it again you stupid clumsy Billy clonka!

Snakes in the grass go wild in the country!

Hello....

IMG_20220621_175406_540.jpg

Does it feel good to finally get a visual?
Hell yes...making parts with only an idea and a hope in your head that it comes together just how the vision was......is how can we say... tricky! But I think it's gonna be ok....

Feel like it's freewheelin time now..✌️

Chainline...........fixed!
Best sturmey cog I've bought in the last few years....hasn't been made by completely shagged out tooling! I wonder if the snap ring will hold onto all that grunt in my sparrow legs!? 😁

IMG_20220623_101032_800.jpg

Next up a little bit of clearancing on crank arms...I'm properly chasing a narrow q here! Gotta look after those knees 🤨

Maybe this evening this puppy gets chained up!!?

I suppose I could of just cut a bolt to length with a domed Chrome nut to blank off the fork crown hole.......
But...
I like little light things that shine...

IMG_20220623_145614_793.jpg
And why have 14g when 4g is all you need?😁

Now I'm must stop avoiding the pressing issues...

Pedals! We're not going anywhere without pedals.....

And I have no gear shifter! Argghhh...I'm guilty I've been finding other things to do...😊 Time to get serious and shift it up a gear!

And the beat goes on......

And on....🙄

But! I'm getting there....still so many little things to do...but.....im closer than ever before unlike these crank arms !!!

IMG_20220624_172605_233.jpg
A close shave ...1.6 where it counts...which gives me a whopping gap that a London bus gets thru.....3.2mm 🤨 count the clonks and there's your cadence 😆 ...it'll be fine.

Wet flat and polish....ready for final buff...
You wouldn't know it'd happened! 😁

IMG_20220624_190616_766.jpg

And to those wagging their fingers in disapproval...the final buff will soften the back of the pedal thread..👍

Aaaaand .....

From 27.2 comes 26.8....
Could of sworn I had the right size....oh well let's do it the hard way!

IMG_20220624_191115_823.jpg

Next up?

Beer 😁

Back