A bit more tinkering before this is finished. The Billato-built Concordes came with a little Italian flag brazed on the top-tube. My Torpado (I think) built frame doesn’t have such nice detail and I thought about adding an Italian flag decal in the same position, but decided to make a little badge instead. This is made from styrene and conforms to the curve of the tube.
Here it is before a second coat of colour and lacquer, then afterwards applied to the frame
I always ride with a Garmin but the plastic mount would look awful and I can’t bring myself to use the rubber-band mounts. This is an out-front mount, cheap Amazon special which was originally black but polished back to bare alloy quite easily.
It’s designed to mount to a threadless headset front plate. In this application I made a thin plate which it bolts to instead. The plate fits in the handlebar clamping gap under the quill stem, prevented from falling out by having the bolt run through it. It doesn’t interfere with the handlebar clamp mechanism and can rattle about freely until the mount is tightened against the front of the stem, then it’s held firmly.
Calling this one finished. Took it back to a bare frame and gave it a final thick coat of 2k over the decals. Dried really hard now, nice sunny day so I got the big camera out for some final pics. Really happy with the finish on this. The only mild annoyance is a small tracking error in the top tube decal. Probably no one will notice other than me!