Cinelli Columbus Max

jordic1968

Retro Guru
This is the reason I need to make room at home and selling all my other bikes....

I' m really sorry for the campy lovers, but this will go with my almost nos DA7400 I've been collecting for many many months looking for this occasion.

I could not find though any reference to this model . Has anyone seen a Cinelli with Columbus Max not being the pista Laser ?

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_174437_150.jpg
    IMG_20191015_174437_150.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,672
yep, pretty similar.. probably mine is a proto as well? Or a contractor just produced different pieces and sold them to Cinelli / Bianchi... I'm the second owner and the first one told me he bought it from Cinelli originally

Thanks for the replies ! Will post more pics....

Here more pics. I can say it rides beautifully, very noble (and is very comfortable) !

I've seen similar ones on the web from Van Tuyl, made by Andrea Pesenti ( the framebuilder of the Cinelli Laser - Laserman- ) . Probably he made this one as well.

This will go with a full DA 7400 and a Cinelli Grammo seat post if I ever find one..., so I'll be selling all campy parts if anyone interested.

Attachments

• 20191101_091126.jpg
    20191101_091126.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 1,383
Thanks! Quite a few record bits now, and probably you're right. It's just a personal preference towards Shimano. Never get used really to campy shifting. And it's a pity for that wheelset I know. But I plan to ride this one regularly, and just feel mor comfortable with Shimano.

Would look great with ANY groupset. DA 7700, 10 speed Record, 11 speed etc. Beautiful frame.

Back