BoTM January 2010 - Saracen Special - Nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EEK - just noticed this thread!

Scurries off to cellar for a bit of spannering.......how long have we got :?:

What's the deadline :?: :?:

Here is my contribution, representing the iconic blue 1989 and 1990 Tufftrax constituency, at least until a nicer like one comes along. I even have a nicer one myself, but it is in bits just now, awaiting the mother of all refurbs. Hence I have applied myself to the spare, washing, waxing, and scrubbing with wire wool (the poor man's T-Cut).

4271040109_c9ae69495f_b.jpg

Note original Saracen seat, and hard-to-find Biopace rings. Well the 38T is hard to find.

4271040123_14ebea98c7_b.jpg

Oooh, double butted Tange CroMo tubing, and ovalised seat tube! Exage 500LX mechs on this one, Mountain LX on my other one.

Of course I found the mint chrome rear mech guard and front and rear reflectors on colour-keyed mounts as soon as I took the pictures, but too late. I did have a mint water bottle and colour-keyed Saracen bottle cage stored too, but have a horrible feeling that I threw it out in a purge before I discovered RetroBike. The pain!!

Have a look at my sig if you want to see what the other one looks like, and where it's been.

I cannot tell a lie, I fitted the Ahead stem on a quill adapter to get a lower reach and exactly the same riding position as on my number 1 Tuffie, which is in a smaller frame size.

As the quill stem it replaced was an ITM as well I felt that it was a karmically neutral adaptation. No V-brakes on it at least.

And no garage queens in my garage, brutal functionality and hard work is the order of the day... to a certain extent.

therealkw15":byksi9rl said:
Here is my contribution, representing the iconic blue 1989 and 1990 Tufftrax constituency, at least until a nicer like one comes along. I even have a nicer one myself, but it is in bits just now, awaiting the mother of all refurbs. Hence I have applied myself to the spare, washing, waxing, and scrubbing with wire wool (the poor man's T-Cut).

4271040109_c9ae69495f_b.jpg

Note original Saracen seat, and hard-to-find Biopace rings. Well the 38T is hard to find.

4271040123_14ebea98c7_b.jpg

Oooh, double butted Tange CroMo tubing, and ovalised seat tube! Exage 500LX mechs on this one, Mountain LX on my other one.

Of course I found the mint chrome rear mech guard and front and rear reflectors on colour-keyed mounts as soon as I took the pictures, but too late. I did have a mint water bottle and colour-keyed Saracen bottle cage stored too, but have a horrible feeling that I threw it out in a purge before I discovered RetroBike. The pain!!

Have a look at my sig if you want to see what the other one looks like, and where it's been.

Great stuff. I'm glad to see that you've got one of your Saracen fleet in. Looks great. :D

mechagouki":31x8rm26 said:
Whatever the bike is, this is a great picture...............

:oops: Thanks, it's the couple on the path holding hands that make it.

mechagouki":2ytuq3f0 said:
Whatever the bike is, this is a great picture...............

dscn0664_166.jpg

That's a truly beautiful bike, and the picture is extraordinary, it could be on the cover of a mtb-mag. Get's my vote! :D

dscn0667_209.jpg

Very nice,.. likin' the paint and everything :cool: Appears nicely balanced.
This or one of the Kili's will do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back