Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

I supported my LBS - as you do from time to time - mainly cos I'd left it too late to get them delivered before heading off to see the Wads-meister.
As it turned out, they were actually Bontrager branded - fairly apt.

Quick question for the current Bonty builders...

Do we think any of these decal places will do a deal on a job lot?

I..E. If three of us are all looking for new decals, if someone does the order for all of us at once, will we will get a discount you think?

Save a few pennies for cables, Etc. ; )
Unsure, but alas, I already have my Bonty decals sitting in a padded envelope, from a purchase last year (sigh). Otherwise I'd join in the fun!

One happy cat this morning..... a very well packed parcel arrived (thank you Phil @pw_pw_la ) containing the partner to the front American Classic QR I already have...

IMG_3706.jpg

Having cut the cable outers, before I cable it up properly, it is time for everything to come off the frame for a polish before final assembly :)

A very sweet M900 cassette arrived this morning - graze mille Alessio @Biker Flegreo
Frame given a bit of a buff with Juice Lubes Frame Juice - looks great and smells luvverly :)

Just waiting on a couple of other small touches - and a rainy day to strip and clean the M900 3-speed shifter that's a bit gunked up.
Then it's full build time :)

Last edited:
Back