Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

So the Bonty and I are off to see Wadsy tomorrow - and cabling it up is the objective - and a bit of a natter and a cuppa or three :)

So in the dark recesses of my mind I seem to recall something specific about the Bontrager cable routing?

I've looked at the @sinnerman Experimental thread - but I thought there was a diagram - and I can't see the photos in the Archive clearly.

So can someone ( @slackboy @benjabbi @sinnerman @Once A Hero @pw_pw_la) point me in the right direction - please nicely :)

Thanks in advance guys 🙏

Big thanks to Wads for cabling up the Bonty yesterday - while I Scotch-padded some rims for him.
Good to have a catch up and quality cave time :)

All the outers cut and fitted as per the gospel according to KB :)
Everything on the frame is only nipped up to hold it in place at the mo - so it'll be easy to remove what I need to for a good polish to get that purple shining.

The gold SRP bolts are going - anyone have a source of plain black chainring bolts and M900 RD Hangar and jockey bolts?

Great to hear and can't wait to see it.

I think ours will look very similar, like twins internationally separated at birth, once finished.

Especially because I plan to reproduce the same colour decals you have on yours for mine!

Then again, I guess all Bontragers (when built thoughtfully/correctly ;)) look like twins separated at birth!

Back