Bontrager Race '91 - Build Thread

I've got an NOS (Kingsbery) rear, and need a matching front!

So between us we're all set!

Loving the new updates on this. It's coming together nicely and going to look great I think. Already looks like it'll be a blast to ride.

I wouldn't normally like those yellow bolts either, but I actually don't mind them one bit on this. That said, black would be nice to tie back into the frame and the AC skewers, if you find the rear and I can't convince you to give up that front one!

So what's the plan with the fork? Rigid, or a different sus model?

I'm sure we could come to an agreement on skewers - loan/sell me the rear and you can have it back for the same $ and the front will go with it?
:)

Looking fab!
I'm not sold on the SRP crank bolts either. Me, I'd be looking for Crank-O-Matics or similar pale gold one key release bolts/caps.

Spent a bit of time faffing with forks this arvo.....

No totally convinced on the Manitou2.....

IMG_3562.JPG

Or perhaps the Mag21......
Either way I like the American Classic skewer on this build.

IMG_3565.JPG

Well, I like that little hit of yellow on the Mag's. Tie's them together with the paintwork in a nice by very subtle way.

The Manitou looks good too, although a little chunky for the frame, perhaps? Could just be the angle of the shot mind you.

Did you shoot a side view of the whole bike and forks by any chance?

The black legs with the black frame is certainly pleasing on the eye as well.

Kind of a tough choice, honestly.

The frame is a deep, dark purple, rather than black.
I will take a photo side on - as there are photos of Mountain Goats and the Aston DB with colour matched Manitou - and the fork legs are a similar diameter to the frame tubing. A nice touch on the Aston Manitou was that the machined out front of the fork brace was sprayed to match too.
Is the American classic skewer you have an almost purpley black?

Back