BoTM Bike of The Month January 2024 - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
Once A Hero’s 1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Pro

Acquired and rebuilt in December, so may as well enter it this month :D

IMG_5939.jpeg

Very nice entries so far.

Next entry is...

Elev12K's early 90s Panasonic team MTB

Thread on the bike: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/panasonic-team-mtb.468644/

53110893337_18b4a0ebe9_h.jpg
I have a 1991 MC Pro like this one and a PR6000 road bike in the shed, always nice to see there's more of these out there.

Ok so I have been on this forum for many years due to being into cycling since a young age, and keeping all of the bikes I have had in the past. A while back I dug my old C16-R out of the loft and started to rebuild it but a new modern trail bike came along and it went back up! I decided to finish it off so here it is.

Orange C16-R (bought as a frame, new in around 1996)

Started off with an 8 speed LX groupset including hubs laced to Mavic (front) Sunn (Rear) rims, Tioga Pyshco Tyres.

now has XT rear mech, XTR front mech.

Manitou SX front shocks.

Club roost flat bar, Titec Stem, Richey Logic seat post.

Probably not worthy of BOTM but worth an entry!

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Ok so I have been on this forum for many years due to being into cycling since a young age, and keeping all of the bikes I have had in the past. A while back I dug my old C16-R out of the loft and started to rebuild it but a new modern trail bike came along and it went back up! I decided to finish it off so here it is.

Orange C16-R (bought as a frame, new in around 1996)

Started off with an 8 speed LX groupset including hubs laced to Mavic (front) Sunn (Rear) rims, Tioga Pyshco Tyres.

now has XT rear mech, XTR front mech.

Manitou SX front shocks.

Club roost flat bar, Titec Stem, Richey Logic seat post.

Probably not worthy of BOTM but worth an entry!

Chris
Looks great to me 👌 That blue must be a pretty rare colour? Don’t see many of them.

I'll have a go:)At least the Grello will brighten up the gloomy January days. I did have this up for sale but it isn't any more, I'm keeping this one as it's too nice to let go. I'll try to put a build thread together, I bought it from an old guy who was using it as a grocery getter/town bike.....

Mini thread about it here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1990-yo-eddy-team-fat-chance.474604/

Markjohnson76 1990 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance

View attachment 809832View attachment 809833
What a bike! simply stunning 😍

I'll have a go:)At least the Grello will brighten up the gloomy January days. I did have this up for sale but it isn't any more, I'm keeping this one as it's too nice to let go. I'll try to put a build thread together, I bought it from an old guy who was using it as a grocery getter/town bike.....

Mini thread about it here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1990-yo-eddy-team-fat-chance.474604/

Markjohnson76 1990 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance

View attachment 809832View attachment 809833
Beautiful, but are the worms holding that in position for the photos?

Ok first time to enter so hope this is right.
2cam16's 1997 Mountain Cycle Moho CXS
Backstory: Got this as a freebie last October. Lady hadn't ridden it in years and was sitting dusty in her garage. Didn't know much about the company and bike until I got this one. Finished the build a couple of weeks ago and took it out on it's first ride last week. Love it!
IMG_5185 by 2cam16, on Flickr
IMG_5187 by 2cam16, on Flickr

Back