BoTM Bike of The Month January 2024 - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
PhillB's 1991 Muddy Fox Alu Team

Defo making up the numbers with this one, given the legendary bikes that have already been submitted. But I don't care ...I have had a lot of fun building this one up from a shabby old frame and forks over Christmas and the New Year.

I went for restoring this one as I like the wishbone stays and the paint design...plus I haven't seen many of these about....I think they break quite easy? Unfortunately the paint was flaking off and it took many more hours than reasonable to stabilise and restore it :)

No build thread as my shed is now so cramped that I now have to leave it and come back in again to turn around.. plus I choose a wavy saddle to make it harder to determine which way it is pointing! ;)

It's a mix of resto - decked out in Shimano M730 (mainly) and mod - Mavic Crossride wheelset and new-ish saddle, bars and grips. I hope you like it! It's pretty light and great fun to ride.

IMG_3449.jpeg IMG_3453.jpeg

Last edited:
Might as well throw this in the mic now that it’s done.

Huskydinobomber’s 1983 Stumpjumper restoration was a real pleasure to work on. The quality and finish of the components on this bike were impressed me. You can see why these are so liked by us bike collectors. IMG_4721.jpeg IMG_4720.jpeg

1938-1941 as found Schwinn DX frame, 1970s-80s BMX cruiser fork (modified by welding on a drum brake stay), coaster brake, front drum brake, aircraft grade aluminum rod for a seat post, scavenged (non matching) 26 inch mountain bike hoops, spent pistol brass tyre valve covers, quick release campagnolo seat post binder, vintage 1980s woman’s 5 speed alloy commuter bicycle handle bars, new vintage style seat, old petrified hand grips and vintage (gouge your shin) bear trap BMX pedals

IMG_0001.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A bike to add to the numbers...(if allowed)

Sinnermans 97 Pashley Tube rider.

A british 90s Take on the American Beach Cruiser, Pashley Established in 1926, using design ques from the Airbourne bicycles used during WW2.

5speed internal gears with integral Hub brakes, Brooks Leather saddle etc.

12.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2863.jpg

Reposting Nabeaquam's Schwinn DX, as it was trapped within a quote box, and it's too good to be overlooked:

1938-1941 as found Schwinn DX frame, 1970s-80s BMX cruiser fork (modified by welding on a drum brake stay), coaster brake, front drum brake, aircraft grade aluminum rod for a seat post, scavenged (non matching) 26 inch mountain bike hoops, spent pistol brass tyre valve covers, quick release campagnolo seat post binder, vintage 1980s woman’s 5 speed alloy commuter bicycle handle bars, new vintage style seat, old petrified hand grips and vintage (gouge your shin) bear trap BMX pedals.
View attachment 813835

Should be fixed now

1938-1941 as found Schwinn DX frame, 1970s-80s BMX cruiser fork (modified by welding on a drum brake stay), coaster brake, front drum brake, aircraft grade aluminum rod for a seat post, scavenged (non matching) 26 inch mountain bike hoops, spent pistol brass tyre valve covers, quick release campagnolo seat post binder, vintage 1980s woman’s 5 speed alloy commuter bicycle handle bars, new vintage style seat, old petrified hand grips and vintage (gouge your shin) bear trap BMX pedals

View attachment 813190
Proud looking Steed to be in any mans stable that. Classic!

Back