Baby T'(w)re(c)k - Trek 3500 2009

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Another mama challenge :shock: . . . bring on the touch-up paint! Arrived in a bin bag with the pedals loosely thrown in :facepalm: - does appear to be in one piece though. I think this one may even trump the little Explosif for cosmetic condition . . .

p5pb18918459.jpg

p5pb18918461.jpg

p5pb18918462.jpg

To be fair, those scuffs and scratches are not from transit - I knew it was a little wreck when I bought it, from the eBay pics but I do like a challenge. It's looking better already :D

p5pb18919576.jpg

p5pb18919578.jpg

Re:

Yep much better! Someone posted me a frame in a bin bag once- it survived. Pedals in with it takes the biscuit though!

All done - turned out pretty nice :cool: Kicking it old-school with Hope Minis and Fox Vanillas (borrowed from the little Bullit (for now).

p5pb18935442.jpg

Bottle cage cost more than the frame :LOL:

p5pb18935444.jpg

Deja vu . . . (not in the same league as the little Explosif but both were in a similar condition pre-resto)

p5pb8509574.jpg

p5pb18935454.jpg

Re:

That looks great. Did you touch up the paint? Whenever I've tried doing that I'm not sure I've actually made it better. Any tips or techniques?

Re:

a may zing!!

seeing a new Mamadirt Resto thread pop up on retrobike is always the highlight the day! :D

as Renaldo said.. any touch up paint tips?

Cheers both! Steady hand, fine paint brushes and selection of acrylic paints for colour mixing does the job. I usually clean the frame well with scourer before starting and rub back any deep gouges. Any scuffs down to bare metal get retouched with a lighter colour as a primer first. T-Cut helps blend the paint but can also remove the acrylic completely so I generally just finish with good old Pledge :LOL:

Back