Baby T'(w)re(c)k - Trek 3500 2009

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Another mama challenge :shock: . . . bring on the touch-up paint! Arrived in a bin bag with the pedals loosely thrown in :facepalm: - does appear to be in one piece though. I think this one may even trump the little Explosif for cosmetic condition . . .

p5pb18918459.jpg

p5pb18918461.jpg

p5pb18918462.jpg

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
To be fair, those scuffs and scratches are not from transit - I knew it was a little wreck when I bought it, from the eBay pics but I do like a challenge. It's looking better already :D

p5pb18919576.jpg

p5pb18919578.jpg

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Re:

Yep much better! Someone posted me a frame in a bin bag once- it survived. Pedals in with it takes the biscuit though!

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
All done - turned out pretty nice :cool: Kicking it old-school with Hope Minis and Fox Vanillas (borrowed from the little Bullit (for now).

p5pb18935442.jpg

Bottle cage cost more than the frame :LOL:

p5pb18935444.jpg

Deja vu . . . (not in the same league as the little Explosif but both were in a similar condition pre-resto)

p5pb8509574.jpg

p5pb18935454.jpg

renaldo

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

That looks great. Did you touch up the paint? Whenever I've tried doing that I'm not sure I've actually made it better. Any tips or techniques?

spacehopper

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Re:

a may zing!!

seeing a new Mamadirt Resto thread pop up on retrobike is always the highlight the day! :D

as Renaldo said.. any touch up paint tips?

mamadirt

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Cheers both! Steady hand, fine paint brushes and selection of acrylic paints for colour mixing does the job. I usually clean the frame well with scourer before starting and rub back any deep gouges. Any scuffs down to bare metal get retouched with a lighter colour as a primer first. T-Cut helps blend the paint but can also remove the acrylic completely so I generally just finish with good old Pledge :LOL: