Austrian Litespeed Find

20211107_151704.jpg
Manitou's apart, took a fair bit of persuasion, got the legs moving which is a relief. Just ordered a shock off long 5mm hex key to separate the stanchions from the legs then we will see what sort of goo the elastomers have turned too.

Realised that the seat tube has an alloy shim, 20211107_160016.jpg 20211107_160114.jpg
Looks like you could specify seatpost widths from the factory as I always thought Litespeeds were 27.2. The shim is about 7-8cm in length and about 1.5mm thick so I thought reducing it by 0.2mm wouldn't be a structural problem, so spent an hour reaming it out and voila...
20211107_165838.jpg

Was a bit gutted initially when I realised this was too big, but all is well again

Last edited:
The Litespeed came with a grey Flite Ti , in reasonable condition but with a little chunk missing at the back 20211109_145155.jpg
So dug out the leather repair kit and glued in a little patch
20211109_150748.jpg
Just got to order the right colour leather restorer next.

Also spent the day cleaning up the XC pro stuff, I have definitely re-appraised my opinion of this stuff, the quality is excellent and at least as good as XTR 900 or dare I say it ...better!
A shame not to use it but as it's an almost complete groupset, including chain ( which has very little wear), rear AP II cassette, hubs, pedals etc. It deserves to be kept together. So it will either be stashed away for some future project or sold/ traded to fund some of the new groupset.
I have some TNT Cranks and wheels and a Goldtec rear cassette but still not sure what to do for gears and brakes, I've always fancied using some Campagnolo so wonder if this is the time?

Last edited:
Having spent most of this year slowly gathering/acquiring a complete XCPro groupset, I can also attest to its quality.

I mean, I haven't ridden any of it yet, but it sure is lovely to look at!

Back