Austrian Litespeed Find

I've used this before. It's pretty quick but only really tells you the date, size and optional sub-brand

Entered....Freehub sorted. The cassette spacer wasn't thick enough so the lock ring was impinging on the freehub. Was hoping for a "Secret click" on the wishbone shifters but no such luck🤨
What cassette did you fit in the end?

You can usually 'overshift' SunTour 7-speed shifters to give you a 'friction' eighth speed on the largest cog, the position of which is determined by the end-stop screw on the rear mech.

However, SunTour cog spacing is awkward, because it's 'normal' 7-speed spacing (5.0mm) for half the block, and then 8-speed (4.8mm) for the other half. A SunTour mech - lacking a floating top jockey wheel - may have more problems indexing a 7-speed cassette than a Shimano one would. At a pinch, you can custom-space a Shimano 7-speed cassette with individual cogs to the correct spacing.

Thanks for the info. Currently have an XTR M900 8 speed on at the moment. Seems to index very well on the 7 gears I've access too. The original wheels are XC pro hubs with a 7 speed microshift cassette. The new hubs are TNT Ultimates with a shimano style freehub. Haven't yet played with the limit screws on the XC pro derailleur as it is still set up for the original cassette so will see how things pan out when I do so.

Back