Austrian Litespeed Find

Still a few pieces to source, so on the back burner, as the klunker is getting all the attention😁

Very nice !
Going to look forward to this being finished!

great find and a nice read. Nothing wrong with XC Pro - why alway XTR 900 ? :)

Does the frame bear any shoplogo from BITD - in the 90s in Austria a Litespeed was something very special - so would be interesting to know where the owner got the frame or full bike.

The shop still exists in Zams (Near Landeck) so I intend contacting them once it's finished and trying to find more of the history. I am usually over in Austria at least once a year so will probably pop in too.

Last edited:
Just a side note: Mark at NETGEAR, a friend, has a crazy collection of VW's. I've been to his private showings and he does have an open house every April. If you can make the journey to Cali, you should. He has lots that nobody else has.

So @Tootyred reminded me that I had this hanging up in the garage so I thought it was about time I got on and finished it.
Took the old decals off . 20230311_170302.jpg 20230312_115413.jpg

Polished the frame and a mock build up before decals and cabling.

20230311_215226.jpg

I have to say I have always found the original decals very garish and have a bit of a dilemma as to whether I should stick with the original year decals or go for something more subtle.

Back