Are you retro beyond bikes???

I just love my old Mini!

GroteFoto-7DWL7EXD.jpg

GroteFoto-Q4NLAM7W.jpg

I was into retro even back in the 90's - my first car was a 1961 A40.

Cars (not so much now due to time and space)
retro hifi (ok some of it was new when I got it, but so was the bike)
Radios (50's/60's) only got 2 now though.
Mini reel2reel tape deck - definitely one of my favourite objects
3 cast iron singer sewing machines (from my kite making days),hand tools mainly for wood work
RC Tamiya cars
Super 8 camera and 3 projectors
Hornby rail stock
Cameras
pre-1930's maps
retro magazines, cars mainly but I bought a 1970 issue of vogue for my wifes birthday one year, I didn't buy the retro bush mags sat next to them though :)

I think I am drawn to the look of an object more than anything, and the usual I wanted it as a kid scenario. No idea why I am always skint.

I collect Tiny Tonka, as in the photo below (not in that condition and certainly not anal/obsessive enough to have the box too).

I had 2 examples when I was a child and still have them - we woz poor so I did not have many toys hence I cherished them.

1042_l.jpg

Whosever photo it is, isnt THAT anal... the cement truck box is the wrong way round :roll:

Had 5 Saab 900 Turbo's, got a '63 Beetle 1200 delux (still in resto), and having a retro/vintage wedding this year (her idea... my idea was to have it in a Pub :cool: :cool: :cool: )

G

jax13":2upgb8pe said:
I collect retro games consoles - the bulk of my music taste sits firmly in the period retro MTB's originate from too.

Dont suppose you have Super Mario Kart for the SNES that you'd part with do you?

:?:

I collect various old tat. Mainly race and rally programes and memorabilia from the 1950's to the 1980's. Prices have risen over the last few years so I've backed off. If something rare and Le Mans related comes up I usually have a punt though.

Otherwise it's cars, same as everyone else. Particular favourites are Alfas but also own a mk2 Jensen Interceptor, a 60's Volvo 144S rally car and an ex works Amazon that did the Monte. Alfa wise it's the 105 series Giulias. Currently restoring an early stepfront Sprint GT which I hope to finish next year in time for it's 50th birthday.

Here's photos of the 72 GTV I sold last year to fund the current build.

ALFA1.jpg

ALFA2.jpg

ALFA3.jpg

Back