Are you retro beyond bikes???

Well my last two cars have been a BMW 525e 1986 and now an 1988 BMW 530i. I simply don't trust modern cars. Apart from that I love vinyl, my hfi amp is a Quad 33 coupled to a Quad 405. So retro has its place in my life beyond bikes. If its old and it works well I'll use it.

My regular, and most reliable phone, is a Nokia 8310. I also have one as a spare.

nokia-8310-1.jpg

Does that count...?

Yes, i'm into old cars, my main drivers are a 98 BMW and a 90 VW Polo, had loads of older more spectacular cars though.

Have a few old bits and bobs about the house, 90's Midi system etc, i'm using an old BT telephone (round mechanical dial) which has a fantastic ring with a proper metal bell :), have a modernish answer phone one downstairs though.

Into old stuff in general, dont really keep up with modern gadgets, i'm an analogue man in a digital world :LOL:

Houses... the last couple have been 100 years old including the one we own now...
Car's, have a 1983 Mitsubishi Starion I'm turning into a race car...
Video games and consuls - Commodore 64, sega master system etc :D

My_Teenage_Self":c2ja898b said:
Typewriters and interesting electronics. Nixie tubes rock!

My house is 320 years old if that counts? :LOL:

320 years old! :shock: Have any pics?

drystonepaul":sovnibzx said:
My regular, and most reliable phone, is a Nokia 8310. I also have one as a spare.

nokia-8310-1.jpg

Does that count...?

thats the most unreliable phone nokia ever made!!!

I burned my way through 6 of them in 4 months when they first came out!!!

the 8110 (i think) smaller, black and red or blue case (network dependant) was a classic.

to add to my previous retro-isms, i also tend to keep my vehicles between the 95 & 98 years of manufacture. currently its a 525, previously had disco's, a clio, megane coupe & the car i should never have sold... 1.8vti civic estate (same running gear as the integra) 173bhp, redlined at 8k & easily outran my mates golf GTi!!

Latest posts

Back