Applying decals...

Very helpful video!

Another hint: For large decals (e.g. RS Judy 1997/9:cool: use a hairdryer to warm up decals and frame/fork, this will soften the decals.
A squeegee with a soft suede will also help to apply the decal and to squeze out any bubbles.

Merry christmas! :xmas-big-grin:
Markus

Aye - I've couple to do & will be using the wet method to counteract my general cack handedness
hi,can i ask what is the wet method?? i have had to apply new decals lately to a zaskar frame which i thought would be easy but the bubbles!!!!! and once they are applied thats it to late lol,a few smaller decals i have done to crank arms and bars are fine but i have another frame i need to do and any help would be great thanks

Attachments

• 20210728_130632.jpg
    20210728_130632.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210805_114439_resized.jpg
    20210805_114439_resized.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 13
  • b4cc 2.jpg
    b4cc 2.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 12
  • sprayed zas.jpg
    sprayed zas.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 11
hi,can i ask what is the wet method?? i have had to apply new decals lately to a zaskar frame which i thought would be easy but the bubbles!!!!! and once they are applied thats it to late lol,a few smaller decals i have done to crank arms and bars are fine but i have another frame i need to do and any help would be great thanks
there's a guide linked by peachy earlier in this thread ;).

as for the bubbles, get a pin or fine sharp needle, prick the bubble, then carefully squeeze out the air with an old bank card or plastic filling tool.
if the bubbles are close to the edge of the decal, carefully "push" them towards the edge then outwards with the plastic tool or bank card.
I still haven't tried the "wet method" and I still hate applying decals :mad:

Last edited:
there's a guide linked by peachy earlier in this thread ;).

as to bubbles, get a pin or fine sharp needle, burst the bubble and carefully squeeze out the air with an old bank card or plastic filling tool.
ok thanks will try and will look for peachys thread

I must admit I was highly sceptical and had it not been put forward by Peachy I wouldn’t have even tried the wet method
But I did and it’s so so much easier - no more alignment problems or air bubbles as you can work the decal for a short period of time almost like an fashioned water slide decal on airfix models

be sure to keep us updated and post a few pics ..... we like pictures, or even a You Tube Video like you've done in the past

Reactions: enc
The deed is done. (pics tomorrow in the light) my first attempt at this is not perfect but wet application is certainly the way forward. One CRUCIAL thing for anybody trying for the first time... as mentioned in Peachey's video ... The application of kitchen roll on the freshly applied decal to absorb excess water. afterr the initial wrapping, i proceeded to dab the decal for a minute or two just to make sure the edges were flat to the frame. Great vid peachy.

Back