Applying decals...

enc

Kona Fan
... Does anybody actually enjoy it? For me, gotta be the hardest part of a restoration :?

Re: Appling decals...

Is there a good how to guide anywhere please as I have been putting this job off far too long?!

Re:

been putting it off as well , but today i made my own decals and put them on, turned out ok i think.

I haven't even bought decals for my current project as I'm worried that if I do, once they arrive, I'll be pressuring myself to get them applied and then I'll make a proper mess out of it. Like Bullpup, I'd also love a guide. I see videos of people applying them but it gives me little confidence, in depth guide would be grand.

Take plenty of pictures and measurements of the position of the old original ones on the frame or forks,Make sure ur surface is clean n dry before getting ready to put them in place,
I use a thin masking tape to mark out the final position I’m looking at check the measurements again adjust ur masking tape if need be then go for it lol.
What ever side easier to start at I seem to stick to left to right when applying them press lightly to make sure ur happy on position then from one side rub it on with a cloth.
Then all should be good lol

enc":2zp34akr said:
... Does anybody actually enjoy it? For me, gotta be the hardest part of a restoration :?

Agreed I hate it .... and was firmly in the same camp as Balgixer ^^^ then I read the below post by Peachy about WET application of normal sticky decals and though he was well and truly pulling my plonker as I’d never heard of it before

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=405760&start=60#p3027591

After a PM he told it was legit and so I Google it .... and watched the tutorials and fook me does it make a difference and allows you a short window to move them about - rather than a one time only application if done dry

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZ1xGdzwjQ[/youtube]

I LOVE STICKERS!!!!!! its easily the best bit :D

ok so the glee comes from years of actually doing it professionally and there is a huge difference between fitted graphics for a company that has usually made some spares and actually fitting your own, perhaps I should do a little video on U-tube specifically for fitting bike decals on tubing then post it on here?

rwm1962":vss1b8rs said:
That would be appreciated. ;)

Ok, well my camera man (Our Jimmy) is in bed and should be asleep, we'll have a crack tomorrow ;)

Back