And today I did......

Good day here as well.

couple of free hours in the morning while shona did some planting in the garden so went for a burl of my lockdown loop. Lunch was fried egg rolls with said eggs and rolls laid/baked on the local farm,

then in afternoon took shona down to limekilns to one of our favourite cafes, then along coastal path to dalgety bay. Shona even managed to fall off going up hill, albeit it was a very steep path and she ran out of legs so just fell off sideways, I didn’t laugh...much. 21 miles and a fair bit of climbing.

grand prix then dry aged sirloin for tea. Still got 2 more days off as well.

up to tiso in Perth for hiking shoes the morra.

Shona even managed to fall off going up hill, albeit it was a very steep path and she ran out of legs so just fell off sideways, I didn’t laugh...much.

Reminds me of someone 🤔🤔🤔
Turn up the volume for full grunting effect. 🤓 (Just realised the new site has a Robmac emoji)

Lunch was fried egg rolls with said eggs and rolls laid/baked on the local farm,
Today my lunch/brunch was a buttered roll containing a tattie scone, then 2 hash browns on top, a bit of veggie black pudding on top of that, with a fried egg on top, topped off with veggie sausage split in half , consumption took a while..... a heart attack is due in the post;)

Nearly snowed in here in Midlothian today I kid you not. So much hale has fallen its an inch or so deep so far and still falling. Its May FFS!!!!!!!

I was going to do gardening, plant pretty flowers etc

On a retro bike front I am piecing together a Univega Fs730, one of those late 90’s Y-Frame Hard tails, preliminary ride suggests its a hoot, just need to remove the seized in but functional BB.

Leave it. If it works you’ve nothing to lose leaving if there until you no choice to remove it.
Had hail here today as well. Crazy weather. Two weeks ago everything was dry and dusty, now we’ve gone back in time 3 months.

I ranted here at length about how crap I felt the NHS were when I could not get my good lady, Lisa into hospital when she was extremely unwell. I have removed most of this rant as I know to many the NHS have heroic status at the moment, I did not want the get hit by lots of flak.

Lisa is soldiering on, she has no choice, I am very sad that things like this happen nowadays :-(

Last edited:
NHS has good and bad points mate a lot of the day to day has been bumped by Covid and a lot of people suffering as a result - its a job - they chose to do it and even though I have friends who work there I dont hero worship them

Anyway moving on, I've spent the last 5 months getting fit, Mrs B had a big Op at the start of Jan (planned jaw surgery) so I decided to help her recuperate and started doing gentle gym work (in the garage surrounded by retro bikes) I've been riding 2/3 times per week recently and despite the crap brakes on the Zaskar and the yo still needing repaired I keep the faith

Rode Inners XC last week for the first time in years with 2 guys on ebikes, beat them up and down but was dead by the end, also have been exploring Cademuir and GT a bit more, fun times!

How is Cademuir these days? Raced DH there back in the late 90’s but never been back. Always attracted to the bright lights of GT I suppose. Need to try my luck at the Golfie as well.

Back