A Razesa for Mrs Foz!

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After over a year of on and off searching, yesterday I finally found a bike that I liked, and is the right size for my wife. Advertised on a local pinkbike equivalent, I phoned in the morning, and picked it up after work yesterday. I don't want to hang around with this one, first because it's a secret (she knows nothing!), and second because I'd like to get it up and running in time for the summer.

First job is getting the frame stripped and taken to the painters - the current paint is very funky in an early-90s fluo kind of way (it looks red in the pic, it's actually fluo orange!), and while I quite like it, it's definitely not right for what I have in mind.

Here's a quick pic to be going on with!

Attachments

• DSCN0085.JPG
    DSCN0085.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,428
Re:

Is this so you're allowed another bike ? :LOL:

Think it may be Spanish , didn't Banesto ride Razesa frames in the '90s ?

Mike

Re: I finally found a bike for my other half!

There's a few chromovelato Razesa frames on the bay at the moment...........not cheap :)

Shaun

Re: I finally found a bike for my other half!

How much are they asking/going for Shaun? They're nice frames, nothing amazing but very decent all the same. I've come across the first problems with thus build already - Zeus 16mm crank bolts, but with a standard 22mm extractor thread. So I need something to fit before I can get the cranks off... Also, the fork dropout slots have been filed deeper, theres still 6mm of material left at the thinnest point. Will post a pic later. I think I'll find a local welder to add a bit of material back again, then file them smooth before painting. My lbs knows a guy who can do it.

A bit of research yesterday and it turns out that a 16mm spark plug socket (the thin type, made of folded sheet metal or similar) should work on the zeus bolts. Now I just need to find one...

And while I try to get hold of one, I'm trying to think of ideas for the paint. I'm thinking of a single colour, preferably with white decals to keep it "light". Something "feminine", but not "girly". I quite like the idea of lining the lugs with a contrasting colour, or maybe white, to go with the decals I'll be making.

Here are a few pics of random bikes with colours that I think might suit the bike - opinions and other suggestions are more than welcome (but I promise not to ponder as much over the colour of this one as Richard is over his Rossin :LOL:)

quick pic of the headtube lugs included too! (first pic)

Attachments

• cream peugeot.JPG
    cream peugeot.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 2,287
  • teal with gold highlights.jpg
    teal with gold highlights.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,287
  • metallic purple suntour.jpg
    metallic purple suntour.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,287
  • metallic lilac merckx.jpg
    metallic lilac merckx.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,287
  • lilac geekhouse.jpg
    lilac geekhouse.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,287
  • light blue raleigh.jpg
    light blue raleigh.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,287
  • DSCN0087.JPG
    DSCN0087.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,287
Andy,

I like the Peugeot - but maybe it is because it looks like the full retro package. It is very classy.

Richard

Re:

White's the safe choice, but there's something appealing about the colour of that Merckx... what colours does Mrs Foz like?

Well after checking a couple of shops at lunchtime, looking for a 16mm spark plug socket, I found one - in the toolkit of my motorbike :facepalm:

5 minutes of filing the outside corners and it fitted perfectly, and worked like a charm! So now I'm just left with the fixed cup to remove. I really hope it comes out intact, as the BB turned out to be a french threaded suntour superbe pro :D

Still thinking about the colour...

Suntour Superbe Pro? There is some good kit on the bike - maybe that groupset would be good! Check the finances though LOL

Richard

Back