93 Manitou FS.....In need of love

... missing the noodles that join the rear suspension to the main frame. ...//... I will need to have them made.[/quote said:
Hi You can join Danson67 here on RetroBike, he can machined some for you...

Re:

50580149003_e3b7021669_c.jpg

Tonight, I be mostly polishing (Peachy would be proud). I do sometimes feel like St Jude though :facepalm: What with the remnants of hard anodising and all those cut out sections and the alloy corrosion, this frame is going to take some time. But it's a put down and pick up sort of project so when I have frustrations to take out, polishing is the answer :shock:

Did they ever make the Manitou answer stem in 1 1/4"?
As I put a wanted ad out a while back now, had a bite and found a decentish stem sent to me.only problem is its1 1/8"!

They did indeed make big fella size - I’ve got one but it sort of look odd being square

Re: Re:

yakboy":8w293v6b said:
50580149003_e3b7021669_c.jpg

Tonight, I be mostly polishing (Peachy would be proud). I do sometimes feel like St Jude though :facepalm: What with the remnants of hard anodising and all those cut out sections and the alloy corrosion, this frame is going to take some time. But it's a put down and pick up sort of project so when I have frustrations to take out, polishing is the answer :shock:

You did take on a bit of a dog there - but it’ll be worth it in the end and if you pretend to lose your way and be a tad faineant I’m sure Peachy will be round with his lavender Maas

Re:

With sub-zero temperatures in the garage, not very well, :shock: still looking for the front derailleur.

Re:

So, I'm now thinking that I need to dismantle the frame as I really can't get into the nooks and crannies to polish them, has anybody got and advice on how I remove the pivots without damaging anything?

Re:

I used a QR skewer threaded through a ratchet end pulling a 8/9/10mm ratchet end which was approx the same size as the bushing axle....

Pull the cam, tighten, reposition, rinse and repeat until it’s out - worked a treat pulling both in and out

Re:

Thanks for the reply. Have ordered some M6 threaded rod to use an 11mm socket to do something similar but will give the QR method a go

Latest posts

Back