Yeti FRO Pro, Accu-Trax, ATAC, Answer Manitou

Hi @Owen_Slik
Where abouts are you based?
Interested but would prefer to see it in person.
Hi, I'm actually in Sweden. I can ship it worldwide, that's not a problem. I don't have plans to be back in the UK until spring next year. If you're interested please PM me and I'm sure we could figure out a solution.

I need to spend more time looking in skips!

Price wise should be around £1.5K-£2K if no cracks or rust (BB shell would be place to look for rust).
Personally I'd clean it so it is presented as best as it can be.
Ha ha it actually belonged to a customer of the shop. He had 2 Yetis, this and a white Ultimate (I think), that he asked us to build into one bike for him. He asked the shop to dispose of this frame and it ended up being thrown out. I was leaving work and rescued it from the builders skip outside.

I'll clean it up tonight, remove the BB/headset and post a hi-res gallery online. I'll post a link here when the photos are up.

Wow, it’s astonishing that someone would throw that in a skip.
Lucky for you that you found it.

Loving this, especially the few scars it has while still being presentable. Makes it really stand out in a sea of blingend out FRO´s (that are far too seldom used as intended). I´d throw a well loved 730 gruppo on it and ride the wheels off of it!!

Loving this, especially the few scars it has while still being presentable. Makes it really stand out in a sea of blingend out FRO´s (that are far too seldom used as intended). I´d throw a well loved 730 gruppo on it and ride the wheels off of it!!
I dare not use the new wheels on mine, so definitely know where you’re coming from!
Now…a FRO that could be used in anger…that’s quite appealing 🤔

I dare not use the new wheels on mine, so definitely know where you’re coming from!
Now…a FRO that could be used in anger…that’s quite appealing 🤔
Oh, not to be misunderstood, I can appreciate a freshly restored bike, it´s just that I noticed that I drive such a bike far to less. The "beaters" get a lot more excercise. (And yeah, at least online I bet there are less Yetis FROs in original paint than there are repainted ones).

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so go easy on me :)

I have a 17" Yeti FRO frame/forks that I'm looking to sell. I rescued it from the skip when I worked in a bike shop around 16 years ago. I planned to build this up but now I just don't have time to source parts and do the bike justice. It has sat in storage since then, it even has 16 year old dirt on it, but I'd like an idea of what it's worth. I'm pretty sure it's from around 1991/1992 with a later LX front derailleur.

17" Yeti FRO Pro (I think - according to the stickers which I'm sure are original). No cracks or dents.
Neon Yellow Accu-Trax forks
Neon Yellow ATAC Stem
Answer Manitou forks
Sugino Mighty Cranks and BB
LX front mech
Ritchey Seatpost

Any info is much appreciated!
Cheers, Owen

View attachment 786621View attachment 786622View attachment 786623View attachment 786624
Hi Owen, if your YETI Pro FRO is still with you, then i am very interested in a purchase. Please let me know if you still have it. Thank you, Marc

Hi Owen, if your YETI Pro FRO is still with you, then i am very interested in a purchase. Please let me know if you still have it. Thank you, Marc
Hi Marc, thanks for your interest. Yes I still have everything. I'm currently waiting for a tool to remove the BB so I can provide photos of inside the BB shell.

Back