'92 Explosif - Modified. Unpure.

Nice build!

Would you mind measuring the radius of your 27.5 wheel/tyre setup? I'd like to see if i can do this on my frame, but the chain stay bridge distance worries me.

IMG_20211112_231757.jpg IMG_20211112_231821.jpg
Yeah I'm gonna try to sort out the chainline like this. Looks awful. Bloody love it. Will probably fall apart, or creak like feck, or both. We'll see.

It's funny how to get the chainring not to wobble, I had to use different sized washers on all 5 bolts. Either tolerances on washers are not very high, or the spider is bent.

Also made a chain longer.... From an old chain I had.... That might have snapped on me once. Ha.
IMG_20211112_221706.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if I mentioned, but I sorted the rear brake out with a bunch of fugly spacers too. Be reet.

So it's straighten the mech hanger time and I'm golden. Hopefully sort that tomorrow. I'm hoping use it to commute to work on Monday.

Last edited:
So I've not really used it that much tbh. Did a commute on it early winter, but I've been too short on time to cycle commute. It means I don't see my little boy, as it adds about 2hrs to my working day.
Me and the lads used it for a little lunchtime time trial fun a little while ago and I decided to go for a lunchtime pedal today.
It really is twitchy on the old steering! The tyres aren't really up to fast descents on muddy bridleways either... Had a good "skippy's lips" moment.
IMG_20220304_144436.jpg
IMG_20220304_144447.jpg

So I've not really used it that much tbh. Did a commute on it early winter, but I've been too short on time to cycle commute. It means I don't see my little boy, as it adds about 2hrs to my working day.
Me and the lads used it for a little lunchtime time trial fun a little while ago and I decided to go for a lunchtime pedal today.
It really is twitchy on the old steering! The tyres aren't really up to fast descents on muddy bridleways either... Had a good "skippy's lips" moment.
View attachment 608653
View attachment 608654
Love the colour(s) and it looks great with the bars. Nice bit of woods too 😎

Only improvement I can think of is making it SS ;)

The bars are fully ridiculous! I was curious how the purple would look on the gold tbh. It's pretty in ya face isn't it?
Considering selling it tbh. I'm skint and it could probably partially fund a holiday.
After the last few years, I really need a frickin holiday.
Singlespeed would be cool, but I don't ride enough to be fit any more and it's too damn hilly round here

Ps the red seatclamp was just parts bin from my lava dome. It came with a QR clamp but it didn't really work that well.
Kind of works tho ?

The bars are fully ridiculous! I was curious how the purple would look on the gold tbh. It's pretty in ya face isn't it?
Considering selling it tbh. I'm skint and it could probably partially fund a holiday.
After the last few years, I really need a frickin holiday.
Singlespeed would be cool, but I don't ride enough to be fit any more and it's too damn hilly round here

Ps the red seatclamp was just parts bin from my lava dome. It came with a QR clamp but it didn't really work that well.
Kind of works tho ?
Bars look great on it, I imagine it also makes the riding a wee bit more upright, which is always appreciated. All the colours have a nice vibrancy so I reckon you can go with many funky colours without it being too offensive. I like the purple.

I'm sure there's people who'd be interested in it, it's a great frame and I think you've done well with the bling. I don't think Explosif's are that much nicer if they look like the stock bikes, seeing as Explosif would have been a frame you treated to all kinds of goods and bling.

A holiday doesn't sound too bad. Where'd you be heading?

Seatclamp looks good, works with the whole throwing vibrant colour at a blank canvas vibe.

Back