91 Salsa A La Carte (Nukeproof / XT / M231 etc etc)

Ā£1600 and a couple of bid retractions, on a bike that would be shipped internationally.

I think that says a lot about the moribund state of the retrobike market right now.
Consider that customs fees add up to over Ā£630 in international taxes for a buyer outside the UK.
Furthermore, it is a bad day (Tuesday) and a bad time to sell or end an auction. Always on a Sunday, around 9:00 p.m. or 10:00 p.m.
Good buy in the UK, and bad sale.

What it says is that prices are returning to normal after a bubble.

Tough to hear for those that bought during the bubble and are now struggling to sell.

What it says is that prices are returning to normal after a bubble.

Tough to hear for those that bought during the bubble and are now struggling to sell.
Clear . Everyone likes to buy at a good price and then be able to sell above the value. what bubble? Paying $2700 for a Klein Rascal is it a bubble? These are times of year. When do you sell more online? On Sundays, why? why are you at home? When does it sell more? in spring/summer (when you spend more time away from home) or in autumn/winter, since at 4:30 p.m. in Europe it is already night. think a little bit. šŸ˜‰

Consider that customs fees add up to over Ā£630 in international taxes for a buyer outside the UK.
Furthermore, it is a bad day (Tuesday) and a bad time to sell or end an auction. Always on a Sunday, around 9:00 p.m. or 10:00 p.m.
Good buy in the UK, and bad sale.
there were close to 200 people watching it, and most people have ebay on their phones. It's not like the old days when you had to end when people were in front of a computer. It went for Ā£1600 cos that's what it was worth today, that's how the market works.

Didn't even bother following as I assumed the bike would easily clear Ā£2.5k, at least. Turns out I might have been in with a shout, that's an Endgame bike right there, a one way express ticket out of the bike infested hell scape that is 'trading up'.

In my opinion that was a steal, if the seller is happy too then all's good.

Maybe, just maybe, if thereā€™d been any photos of the other side it might have hit Ā£3200? (Runs to hide behind sofa)

Back