79 Carlton professional

I might have an extractor in the garage you could borrow, they cost about 15 quid if memory serves. Or try a wanted add here?

Shaun

Took about an hour to strip down even the cranks and bottom bracket played ball. Very pleased with frame some polish and touch up paint should have it looking good, nothing was seized or worn out. Left fork leg will require new decal and most attention, one tiny ding in top tube. Inside tubing looks like new.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 505
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 505
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 505
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 506
Gave the frame a cut and polish, needs a few touch ups and fork decal but I can live with it. Then started to put her back together, very happy so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 497
Re:

This is the complete opposite of my Lloyd which even when I had all the parts, still took months to build.

In fact, it is still not finished. :facepalm:

Nice work.

Still need to sort wheels tape cables hoods, and cash flow is not good so this is probably as far as I'll get for a while. NickD I bought the brake levers from you, cheers. :)

That's looking good :). It will ride really well without being too twitchy down the hills :). Carlton frames always sat nicely, from the ladies Courette to that Pro...

Shaun

Hubs are in good nick and responded well to a little tlc, cups were perfect, front had new bearings but no grease? Rear needed new bearings and non drive side cone was developing a pit so I replaced. Rims are past it. Between them the skewers must weigh a pound.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 432
Back