1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

Well goodbye old friend its been an amazing time🥺. Glad its gone to a fellow kona enthusiast with all the original parts though. God its beautiful in the sun and its lighter than the caldera and the latest purchase which suprised me.

Attachments

• DSC_0661.JPG
    DSC_0661.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well goodbye old friend its been an amazing time🥺. Glad its gone to a fellow kona enthusiast with all the original parts though. God its beautiful in the sun and its lighter than the caldera and the latest purchase which suprised me.
Sad to see it go but you can only have so many bikes, though many around here will disagree.

I've let a few go that I was a bit sad about but always to upgrade so no regrets

Very sad to see an old friend leave. I admire your resolve to do so.

Too difficult for me to part with stuff I've had years. Both my '94 lava Dome and my '98(.5) Pahoehoe are 19" and too small for me but I can't bring myself to shift either of them. I've also got the 19" '98 Caldera which I'd love to build up again.
Maybe I should build that shed extension after all...

More green laning on Calli Dera, loving it.

Fu138YAh.jpg

ZGl19CEh.jpg

jpgC8rsh.jpg

dg3y14rh.jpg

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I got some shoe condoms to keep my feet dry lol. These pics may be the last of the Caldera not sure if it will be used again although i have still got the decals to respray it. Another Kona frame waits to be built, I managed to find a 1998 Explosif back in April well chuffed, time to built it up now for Christmas. Here is the new thread for it other wise this tread title will be even longer lol. https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/the-1998-kona-explosif-restomod-project.439333/
DSC_1081.JPG DSC_1082.JPG DSC_1083.JPG DSC_1085.JPG

The new arrival

DSC_0645[1].JPG

Last edited:
That's a fantastically rustic kitchen you've got going on. Looks cosy as heck.👍🏻

The caldera looks to have been a fine steed for you. I should build mine up again, but then, maybe I should accept it's too small (19") and sell it on.

Are you moving the build kit over to the Explosif? I wish I'd kept the 20" '98 frame I bought about a decade ago, but had to sell straight away for financial reasons ☹️

Back