1998 Kona Lava Dome Resto Mod Project (Caldera P11 Onwards)

That's a fantastically rustic kitchen you've got going on. Looks cosy as heck.👍🏻

The caldera looks to have been a fine steed for you. I should build mine up again, but then, maybe I should accept it's too small (19") and sell it on.

Are you moving the build kit over to the Explosif? I wish I'd kept the 20" '98 frame I bought about a decade ago, but had to sell straight away for financial reasons ☹️
Yes we like the country look haha.

Indeed its been a blast so far, I feel i need to treat it to that respray before i decide what to do with it the chainstays are in such a bad way.
Yes all the parts of this will be going on the Explosif and more upgrades gradully on that xtr bits as i find them. Im sure another will come up for you;)

Well this is how the Caldera now looks and a hanged weighing with only headset cups in. See what happens with it in the future im still undecided. DSC_1096.JPG DSC_1098.JPG DSC_1106.JPG DSC_1109.JPG

Cool to see the weight! When I weighed that brodie Sovereign it was 4.00 LB which is crazy light for steel.

Love the attention to detail on your bikes.
I guess the next frame will be a Hei Hei ;)
Where is that spigot mortar base, may have to visit once it gets warmer

Love the attention to detail on your bikes.
I guess the next frame will be a Hei Hei ;)
Where is that spigot mortar base, may have to visit once it gets warmer
Cheers got to keep these old bits going haha

Not sure what will be next we shall see. Its at the enterance to elvetham heath by railway bridge and roundabout.

Back