• I couldn't care less

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I'll enter if I have something that fits the remit

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I won't enter regardless

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it seems that most people want it to stay :) I'll definitely take on board a couple of points mentioned; minimum number of entries required - it shouldn't be easy to win! Running it every third month seems sensible for sure.
Not too sure what to do about themes though. 98+ is an enormous category but narrowing it down too much will greatly reduce the number of entries 🤔

Running it every three months would kinda limit the entries for BOTY....

As with the Steel month - and I was a whisker away from entering - if you keep it pretty general it broadens the options.
UK - 26 - 29 - USA - Canada - Other - that's 6 months there.

So here's a suggestion....
I reread THM post saying the site makes it tricky to keep tabs on each month's BOTM - which is very true, as each month it's a different thread.
But if we kept a Master thread running - '98 BOTM - and each month's theme is announced in it with a link to the individual month's thread - once we'd commented on the first thread - we'd all get monthly updates.
Just a thought :)

I don't have a problem coming up with themes, even fairly broad ones, but I think the limited traffic in this section is always going to be a problem for number of entries. I think the fact people miss the BoTM is again down to traffic. They're always stickies (in 98, 97 and road) so are always near the top of the list, plus you can flag them when they appear so you get notified of replies.
I'm happy with whatever works tbh. Running it every three months makes sense in some ways, but it would be a long time to wait to enter a specific bike if there are theme months in the mix too. Plus, as you said, @Carge, only having 4 bikes in the 98 BoTY poll would hardly be worth doing. These badges aren't supposed to be easy to get!

Plus, as you said, @Carge, only having 4 bikes in the 98 BoTY poll would hardly be worth doing. These badges aren't supposed to be easy to get!

Maybe just stick to a BoTM every 2 or 3 months & don't have a 98 BOTY. If it picks up enough to go monthly then bring back the BoTY.

How about making it every quarter rather than month?

Gives it more time to gain entries.

Also worth having a theme each time as there so many different types

Gravel month
Hardcore hardtail
Full bounce
29er
650b
Dirt jump
Trials
Etc

Back