• I couldn't care less

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I'll enter if I have something that fits the remit

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I won't enter regardless

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought we talked about more in that way of categories - 29er - 26er - rigid - full-sun etc. Sometimes it's a bit carrots and knickers - you're comparing very different beasts. Some post '98 are still pretty retro - while some are more cutting edge.

This. I could enter my ‘98 Kilauea or Ku (which are more closer to the “official” retro category in spirit), or my 2018 Whyte T130 in the same month. Maybe the ‘98 on always needs to be a “special” month based on some category or other to focus the entries.

Well I have just posted an entry into the comp! Maybe for the first time one of my bikes will win now 😁😁😁

But come on peeps, give me some more to fight against.

Please?

The site hosting makes it harder to find and support threads

I'd agree with this. I always seem to miss the '98+ BoTM posts - are they sticky in the forum section?

I think changing the frequency is also a good idea - there's less interest in showing 98+ bikes on here and people tend to have less bikes to draw from, given the higher cost of purchase compared to (most) retro bikes.

I like the idea, its good to see the modern bikes that people have. maybe also open it up to retromod bikes which wouldn't get a look in in the pre 97 section?

I genuinely was going to enter something for the first time this month… buuuuut it’s a special - and I have no 98 + steel!

Next month though. Probably.

I love the mid school, but don't have much in the quiver post '98, and not anything that is worthy of a serious entry. Hopefully soon I'll be able to put forth a true competitor.
As a viewer, I enjoy seeing what other members view as the best of the era, so I would encourage that the competition be continued. The poll seems to support my view.

I think it should stay.

Maybe as others have said once every 3 months, owing to the fact it is not the main aim of the site and most will be here for the retro bikes, though plenty will have newer rides too.

I also think that having special themed months for a category which is already specialized due to the above, will no doubt reduce numbers to a bare minimum, which also brings to light @The History Man 's point, a minimum entry number should be applied, say 4 or more, and if not met entrants can be rolled over to the next comp.

I'm sure as time moves along it will pick up pace just as the post 97 bikes & parts are now.

Back