Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Having always wanted to ride a Yeti I never thought I’d actually own one and maybe this has caused me to be a little in awe of my own project / the job in hand.

I’ve had this frame for some time now, okay almost eighteen months :oops: I’ve delayed starting my build until I had the majority of the parts needed as I want to do it right, that said I’ve flirted with three different themes…. And the bar has been set so high recently by Silverfish and mkozaczek that if mine comes out even ½ as good as theirs I’ll be made up, but I’d dearly love my build to be able to sit comfortably side by side with them.
From the outset I’ve always had a picture in my mind of what I wanted to achieve, a Grey ARC similar to the one ridden by Ranjeet Grewel, being Grey and Tourquise its not flash nor could it be considered trick, I want a finished project to ride as it would kill me if after all this time I created a piece of wall art.

Ranjeets bike is my starting point / inspiration but I'm not looking to build a replica, Although I've a far greater knowledge now than I've ever had about Yeti's I've still a long way to go (so go easy guys)

Having used Argos for a number of previous projects and being no stranger to their paint shop I’ve seen firsthand what Mark and Gary can do, and therefore it was always going to be paint and not powder coat.

Attachments

• Ranjeet Grewel 2.jpg
    Ranjeet Grewel 2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 8,915
  • Ranjeet%20Grewal.jpg
    Ranjeet%20Grewal.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 7,291
  • Awaiting a make over at Argos.jpg
    Awaiting a make over at Argos.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7,291
Sounds like my bike:

DSC_0735-vi.jpg

Martin

Your builds are an inspiration buddy, especially you're recent Yellow and Turquoise, regularly check out your website to see what you're up to, but seeing your recent post about your visit to the Kamikaze run was the Ultimate.

Thanks man, I appreaciate it.

I'm getting ready to strip down this ARC and build it up with all black components, all the way down to the cable guides and pulley!!

mkozaczek":gqahxnns said:

I'm getting ready to strip down this ARC and build it up with all black components, all the way down to the cable guides and pulley!!

Can I ask where you got your replacement Cable Pulley from ?
closest I can find is cannibalizing a modern Clamp On "Problem Solver" for its pulley wheel and even then its just plain old black

Retro Spud":2tslocls said:
mkozaczek":2tslocls said:

Can I ask where you got your replacement Cable Pulley from ?
closest I can find is cannibalizing a modern Clamp On "Problem Solver" for its pulley wheel and even then its just plain old black

I just happened to have one from another frame, so I'm swapping them over

ez054098":397x12im said:
Are those my purple Graftons?

Cranks or brakes? Cranks maybe, think I got them on eBay maybe from you? Brakes came off a Kona Hei Hei I had a while back

mkozaczek":2e14hgh4 said:
ez054098":2e14hgh4 said:

Cranks or brakes? Cranks maybe, think I got them on eBay maybe from you? Brakes came off a Kona Hei Hei I had a while back

I thought I traded them for some Answer bars?

ez054098":33t71ej4 said:
mkozaczek":33t71ej4 said:
ez054098":33t71ej4 said:

I thought I traded them for some Answer bars?

Doesn't ring a bell... we've done enough thread hijacking though...

Back