1993 Rocky Mountain Altitude

7plusoneisideal

Devout Dirtbag
Evening folks, my first proper retro build, been hankering after something high end from the early nineties, it’s not exactly the bike I would of lusted over back in the day, but if Rocky Mountain bikes were on my radar at the time I’m sure it would of been, I loved the later nineties bikes.

Picked up the frame, headset and a nice set of raceface turbine cranks from @Carge today.

The plan is to send it straight off to Argos in Bristol for repairs and paint. Repairs are limited to a few cable stops and a small ding in the top tube.

Finish is going as close to factory as possible, build will likely be close to factory with some further gold accents I think, although this may change

Further updates to follow while it’s in the paint shop will be limited to bits that I pick up for it.

Wish me luck

Ps - the wife has no idea that another bike is joining the stable !
IMG_0637.jpeg IMG_0638.jpeg IMG_0639.jpeg IMG_0640.jpeg

I thought you said your were going rigid originally? 😁
Might have a suitable Syncros stem and bar for it.
The seatpost was a little ragged

I'm veering towards front suspension to be honest as I love the pic of the build above, I'll give you a shout when I'm close to getting the frame back from paint on those Syncros bits

Evening all,

Latest update

Frame is with Argos, waiting on them to mix some paint and provide some colour sample options, it appears the green should be straight forward enough, but the red is proving trickier.

Enquiries out on decals

Parts hunt is going well

Full m900 xtr and wheels are secured (donor bike on its way).

Secured a NOS XT bottom bracket

Already have the gold race face I beam cranks and the race face headset

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 2
Currently on the hunt for the following

XT chainrings ideally black, would consider race face

Syncros bars

Syncros seat post 27.2

Syncros stem - might have that sorted

Saddle - unsure what to use yet

Grips - unsure what to use yet

Should look swish after a pro paintjob. Nice.

Grips = ODI Attack all day long, IMHO the only grip that has served for decades on all sorts of bikes! And, available, soft, and should be less than £15

Latest posts

Back