1992 Marin team issue

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
If I were to sell this, which is unlikely but I do have a couple other projects I need to fund and finish. How much would I realistically get for it?

4ABC8DD9-08E3-485F-9B18-2D0104AD03D9.jpeg

Frame: Marin team issue 17.5” CC tange prestige ultimate ultralite, I think. 23” TT and 120mm headtube

Fork: pace forks rc35 2nd gen with anodised crown. Newly serviced with yellow and red elastomers for 75kg

Headset: deore xt newish bearings
Stem: Syncros cattleprod
Handlebar: Marin lite
Grips: newish ritchey wcs foam
Barends: N/A

Brakes: XTR M900 with titanium brake pins
Brake Pads: Kool stop salmon
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A front, silver onza chill pill rear. Will include the spare one for front
Brake Levers: XTR M900

Shifters: XTR M900
Front Derailleur: XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: XTR M900
Derailleur Cables: jagwire
Cassette: XTR M900 riveted type P
Chain: XTR M950
Cranks: XTR M900
Crank Bolts: generic
Chainrings: 48t pace, 38t(?) pace, shimano granny chainring
Chainring bolts: shimano
Bottom Bracket: XTR M900
Pedals: Suntour XC comp

Cable outers: 80s atb neon

Hub Skewers: use spin stix ti + XTR M900
Rims: FIR 122 rear, araya rm400 pro front
Hubs: XTR M900
Nipples: generic alloy
Spokes: ritchey rear, asahi single butted front
Tyres: will be double blackwall smoke
Tubes: generic

Bottle cage: USE carbon

Saddle: reissue suede turbo/Vetta ti/Marin lite ti
Seatpost: Marin lite
Seatpost Binder: Marin lite

Weight: a little under 11kg

There will be still some adjustments like new tyres, repainting the seatpost qr giving it a bit more of a polish, and new decals perhaps. Plus a lot more but I would like a valuation as it stands.

Build thread: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1992-marin-team-issue-finished-kinda-p11-p12.464761/

Thank you

At the moment, think of the figure you'd like then half it. Unless it's a proper bargain stuff just doesn't seem to be selling.
As @Tootyred said you're better off splitting, your vision of a dream bike is not necessarily someone elses but M900 will always be desirable to people.

At the moment, think of the figure you'd like then half it. Unless it's a proper bargain stuff just doesn't seem to be selling.
As @Tootyred said you're better off splitting, your vision of a dream bike is not necessarily someone elses but M900 will always be desirable to people.
Right I’m probably better off keeping it then, I know the bike market isn’t great but yeah I’d rather keep it than split it.

Im my humble experience there are different types of people are in the market for a whole finished bike...

A. Those who would buy it and sell it in bits.

B. Somebody with cash to buy a whole bike who probably doesn't have time / skills to build one.

C. Somebody looking for a bargain.

A...will want to give you half the components value to make it worth their time.

B....will pay good money, but want it pretty much perfect and sadly the frame finish and some of the wear to components might preclude this.

C...will want it dirt cheap.

Again I would suggest in bits you probably could make £800, but as a whole £450 ish.

Totally agree with above a fantastic riders bike...great kit and a fantastic frame.

Sadly the markets not what it was 2 years ago.

I would keep it and enjoy it ....and when you have had enough....split it.

Im sure after a few good rides you will be hooked and it become a long term bike.

Totally agree with above a fantastic riders bike...great kit and a fantastic frame.

Sadly the markets not what it was 2 years ago.

I would keep it and enjoy it ....and when you have had enough....split it.

Im sure after a few good rides you will be hooked and it become a long term bike.
Fair enough, it’s really nice and light but the TT is pretty long..

I’ve spent about £450 inc bike costs on restoring it so yeah I’ll keep it.

I’ve ordered double smoke blackwall tyres so that will be nice as they are quite similar to the rockstar pattern kind of

Back