1990 Brodie Catalyst

Sweet bike.

Is that the IRD Rotary brake on the rear with a Brodie Booster? I've read they were one of the most powerful brakes available, they're also quite rare so I haven't gotten to try one out to verify. How do you find it for power and modulation?

usually not a fan of green, but that does look lovely. :cool:

question, are the decals original? as they look a tad squished, particularly the "b" head/seat tube ones, and perhaps the "Brodie" down tube as well.

To answer a couple of questions - yes, the IRD Rotary brake is insanely strong - full wheel lockup with a light single finger, but also great modulation. A little touchy to set up, but totally worth it.

Super hard to find - especially NOS! I happened into this one with the goal of finding a Brodie to put it on. In fact, the build is based around the brake!

Gorilla brake booster. A Brodie one would be cool, though.

As for the decals, they are factory- direct from Brodie - I feel the b's are a little short as well, but that's what Brodie makes...and they look far better than the cigarette stained, tattered originals!

Amazing what you did with that Richie. Admittedly I visualized a rebuild on that bike many times. Smoke stained is an understatement, but all came out wonderful.

Back