‘89 Brodie Romax (Sky Camo) FINISHED BUILD PAGE 3

:cool: nice, looking forward to seeing more.

I think it is more cloud than camo, great colour whatever its called.
I think you’re right. It’s much less camo and more cloud-like. Still like the bill of sale context.

In regard to the coloured varnish, I considered it but much of the paint loss falls into the areas of white cloud intersecting with the blue. It seemed like one of those bite off too much projects where I’d end up not matching the air brush areas to my satisfaction. And, again, I actually like the wear.

I think you’re right. It’s much less camo and more cloud-like. Still like the bill of sale context.

In regard to the coloured varnish, I considered it but much of the paint loss falls into the areas of white cloud intersecting with the blue. It seemed like one of those bite off too much projects where I’d end up not matching the air brush areas to my satisfaction. And, again, I actually like the wear.

I actually love the clear polish idea! I love seeing the patina from years of use and abuse, and this is a really affordable easy way of getting to see those battle scars while still protecting the frame somewhat. I plan to use this approach in the future myself!

Really good work easing that rust off without touching the paint, too.

It goes without saying that I love this bike!

Can't wait for the rest of the updates, and thrilled it found such a good home with you.

I actually love the clear polish idea! I love seeing the patina from years of use and abuse, and this is a really affordable easy way of getting to see those battle scars while still protecting the frame somewhat. I plan to use this approach in the future myself!

Really good work easing that rust off without touching the paint, too.

It goes without saying that I love this bike!

Can't wait for the rest of the updates, and thrilled it found such a good home with you.
B0CA5E39-3C55-4B84-B5FE-D9068CA43277.jpeg
I found these cheapy sets on Amazon and with experimentation, found that the brass work well. The stainless versions are much more abrasive and do remove clear coat and paint. Found that out pretty quickly and have veered clear since.

I love the battle scars too. The four finger levers and the original Avocet Racer show exactly how well-loved this bike was. The fellow had injured himself pretty badly later in life and as a result his Brodie sat covered outside for about 10 years before he decided to sell it. Pretty sure he raced it in earlier years and then used it as a daily commuter for many more. I think he mentioned the head tube angle didn’t quite work well for him and had a few over the handlebars 😅 - I’ve found it to ride wonderfully, personally.

Thanks, I’m super happy with it. It’s gone through a few changes. Namely switching back to the original fillet brazed Nitto stem from one of my new-batch Brodie ICRs. I found that with the bike being slightly on the small side that the Nitto’s length and rise made for a more comfortable ride. That and sliding the saddle all the way back on the rails have made it perfect.

hi ryan
love this bike. having seen it in person at the swap meet i know how special it is.
you were right to grab it in any condition. they are hard to come by. if you've spoke
to warhorse recently he might have told you i got his romax with the miss matched
curved gator a few months back. :)

Attachments

• jesse romax1.jpeg
    jesse romax1.jpeg
    882.3 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back