1989 Overbury’s Pioneer. Finished

God that's dark, never seen it before, not really a family show by the looks of it 😶
Don't know what you mean? My kids love it!:LOL::D

At the bottom, yes,
that became 200GS and the Exage 300LX
Now Altus and Acera.

A step up from Tourney.

Latest code is May 89, there quite late in the 89 model year (for Shimano).

Pages+19+_amp_+20.jpg
Great bit of sales blurb. I think I'll start with this Exage Country group, but I do have a complete '87-'88 XT group & an '88-'89 Deore/Deore II group that I was keeping for my Cape builds... all depends how it rides.

Anyone found a reasonable replacement for these threaded canti shoes?

3468431F-083E-49EA-A988-8CFACFD84E55.jpeg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

loads to choose from with clarks, or try the v brake ones.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I’m not sure if it’s the cold weather or maybe I’ve been spoilt, but the more I clean the crud off of the Country kit the more I realise how basic it is, so I went up into the workshop loft to check what’s lurking back there & I had a go through the “good” boxes as well, so here’s the list;

I’ve got a pair of 1989 XT M730/732 hubs on Araya 20 rims

1988 XT FD-M730 Alpine front mech

1990 XT RD-M735 rear mech

1987 XT FC-M730 Biopace silver crankset, ‘

1990 XT BR-M732 Canti silver brakes

1989 XT STM091 2 finger rapid fire 7spd shifters

1989 XT DF-M730 Shark fin

1990 CS-HG90 cassette

1988 Deore PD-MT60 pedals

XT BB-UN72 bottom bracket

1989 XT M732 hubs on Araya RM20 rims

A pair of Farmer John’s Cousins and some re-issue ODI attack grips should finish it off nicely.

Nothing’s NOS or even VGC but it’s all a damn sight better than the Exage!

Last edited:
Back