1987-88 Yeti FRO - Local Find!

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked this one up earlier in the year 5 mins from my work along one amazing Brodie I'll share later. A serial number in the really low 500s puts it as a 1987 to some ... 1988 to others ... no biggie. Its a 1" Yeti :)

The bike looked a bit rough when I got it ... but not bad bones ;)

This frameset was originally ordered from Yeti, painted by D&D in that Yellow (it was the colour the OG owner had on most of his bikes), and had it built up by Cycle Logic in Toronto. I would have been 10 when this thing was in the shop, so it predates my interest in CL a bit, but we all lived there in the early 90s drooling over bikes we couldn't afford. Needless to say I was happy to see that sticker on the frame :)

I pulled thing thing apart and found it was in really nice OG shape under a couple decades worth of filth. Looks like its seen maybe a light season of riding.

And back together. Not much different than how it probably rolled in the Don (Toronto trail network). New black bits, rubber, and seat ... and she's good as new.

Frame: 1987-88 Yeti FRO

Fork: OG Yeti FTW

Headset: GT BMX
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: ODI

Brakes: Shimano XT730
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XT730

Shifters: Shimano XT730
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT730
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT732
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Sachs
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Bullseye
Crank Bolts: Bullseye
Chainrings: Shimano XT730
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: Bullseye
Pedals: Shimano XT730

Hub Skewers: Ringle
Rims: Bonty Roll Downs :)
Hubs: WTB Classic
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: NOS Tioga
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: NOS Avocet
Seatpost: Shimano XT730
Seatpost Binder: Ringle

Last edited:
Hell of a local find!

The only old bikes I find 5 minutes from me are rusty kids bikes half submerged in the mud of the Thames!

Back