Zinniness ...... lets build the dream, Project Flowers

Re:

So banged this in my panniers today and pootled off 6 miles across town to my local powder coaters, I think arctic white is the colour of choice yeah, well thats what we decided upon.

so we still have the question.

does anyone have a clue as to what the bars of seatpost are? I'm tempted to say Ritchey on both counts but I am open to your thoughts guys...

Jo-Burt-on-his-custom-painted-Zinn2.jpg
TheZinn.jpg

Saddle: San Marco Rolls? Looks like the diamond badge near the nose and the reflection of the metal plate to the rear? If you look at the photo on the previous page you'll see on the photo where Jo is out the saddle there's again what looks to me like a metal strip to the base of the saddle...

Seatpost: hmmm... :? Could be numerous. Need a longer think!

Bars: No idea + even longer think!

Have you thought of contacting Jo himself? He's still riding. I met him back in 1999 at the bike show (he did a Mint Sauce illustration for the Chopper Club - sadly it's not in my possession!) and he was super nice then and I suspect he's no different now...

27motorhead":3dmrqzum said:
Ha! I miss read the post! You already know it's Rolls!!! :oops: :LOL:

Don't worry fella, is it plain or is it the rhino pattern do you think, I have both luckily.
I had pondered on contacting Jo somehow but I am a great respector of privacy so choose to do my best by the pictures we have and the knowledge base here on retrobike.

:)

Re:

Big thank you to Scott for hunting down these rims he sold ages ago and then negotiating them back for me.

Cheers Sir

They arrived yesterday afternoon and I started straight away on the building, hubs were seconded from the orange formula as I really want mavic rims on it instead of the Arayas plus these were the only 36h XT's I had. re-using the stainless spokes, new nipples fitted it took me a few hours with my new wheel building stand, mainly because I kept dropping my spoke key under the sofa, apparently very annoying I was told.

CpelUK9l.mp4

went to bed last night at mmmmm 1 ish...... But Pleased :mrgreen:

IMG-20201220-091850.jpg

Great job mate

Spoke keys... tricky little buggers... :xmas-wink:

And hats off for managing a wheel build during the glorious celebrations of the great Bill Bailey becoming Champion of the World! :xmas-cool: :xmas-big-grin:

Peachy!":1c2ia2xr said:

And hats off for managing a wheel build during the glorious celebrations of the great Bill Bailey becoming Champion of the World! :xmas-cool: :xmas-big-grin:

I just got in trouble Christopher ....... she hasn't watched it yet :facepalm:

Bad books you and me now, ta mate :LOL:

retrobikeguy":33onrll0 said:
Peachy!":33onrll0 said:

I just got in trouble Christopher ....... she hasn't watched it yet :facepalm:

Bad books you and me now, ta mate :LOL:

Oh Christ! Duck and cover lad, duck and cover! :shock:

Re:

Coming along nicely....Are you going with the black maguras...?

Back