Zinn frame spacing

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
I have Zinn Z-centaur frame which measures 131mm between the rear dropouts, were these supplied as 130mm or 135mm spacing?
I have a 135mm centaur hub which I can fit with a bit of effort but it's not as easy as it should be. Options are to remove a 5mm spacer from the hub and shorten the axle and build it up as a 130mm wheel or cold set the frame. The hubs and axles aren't easy to come by so not too keen on hacking away at the one I've got. If the frame should be 135mm spacing then probably best to get it cold set to the correct spacing I guess. What say you?

I've managed to pick up another rear Centaur hub so less concerned with cutting the axle down now that I have a spare. Was hoping that someone else with a Zinn frame could measure what spacing their frame is though to confirm these were supplied as 130mm spacing, before I went spreading the frame. I think I'll just leave the frame as is and mod the hub instead.

Thanks, I thought it was slightly odd that a bike from 91 would have 130mm spacing but still not impossible. The campag hubs seem to be 135mm by default with 130 as an option according to the catalogue so again an odd choice to build frames to 130 spacing. It's only 5mm so I may get some threaded bar and see if I can open the frame up enough to get the hub in before I cut the axle down.

Thanks, I thought it was slightly odd that a bike from 91 would have 130mm spacing but still not impossible. The campag hubs seem to be 135mm by default with 130 as an option according to the catalogue so again an odd choice to build frames to 130 spacing. It's only 5mm so I may get some threaded bar and see if I can open the frame up enough to get the hub in before I cut the axle down.
Threaded bar is a bad way to do it as you may miss align the rear. Bend oneside 2mm with a wooden length and then do the other

Back