Young people who smoke cannabis

Re:

Completely understandable position to take. The journey from childhood innocence to drug dependency must be an especially grim and depressing one to watch.

The trouble is, everything is addictive. Sugar, crisps, computer games. But if we were to make these illegal, how would the public likely react?

The fact that cannabis has genuine healing properties, with more proof being offered on a seemingly daily basis means that many people with serious ailements are also being denied a perfectly natural remedy - often resorting to extremely addictive opioids. Seriously epileptic and autistic children are being prevented from access to a pure, herbal remedy and fitting themselves to death in some cases.

But we happily let them stuff their faces with junk and play violent computer games. All because prohibition says so. That's f*cked up, IMO.

KeepItSteel":3l4d93zg said:
The trouble is, everything is addictive.
Not really. Lots of things are habit forming. Doesn't make them chemically addictive.

I eat an absolute shit load of sweets. I'm not addicted. I haven't touched any for about 2 months i think. Can't even remember the last sweet i had. No withdrawal, no chemical dependency.

i agree that cannabis is useful in certain cases, but I believe young healthy people have no need to take this substance.
cannabis is proven to actually cause brain damage when used in large quantities over long periods of time.
there is more joy to be found with natural endorphins than any drug imo.

Re:

Wasnt it Pot Smoking hippies that invented the mountain bike....?

Re:

I eat an absolute shit load of sweets. I'm not addicted. I haven't touched any for about 2 months i think. Can't even remember the last sweet i had. No withdrawal, no chemical dependency.

There is definitely a case for addiction. You are fortunate, your constitution/metabolism allows for an easy 'withdrawal', others (like me) find it not so easy..
In fact, I personally have to avoid carbs altogether and switch my metabolism to glucogenesis in order to avoid the otherwise constant cravings that carbs bring. Not to mention inflammation of my joints, bloating, poor skin.. Point being, sugar is a borderline poison (research this point, I really mean it) - but we all self administer for pleasure - sound familiar?
Should we ban sugar?
No, we should be granted the choice to consume what we want, when we want (I cant stress this highly enough).

i agree that cannabis is useful in certain cases, but I believe young healthy people have no need to take this substance.

Nor alcohol, nor tobacco, nor sugar, nor EVERYTHING. But fortunately, in most cases, we have rights.

cannabis is proven to actually cause brain damage when used in large quantities over long periods of time.

So... don't consume large quantities. Simple. (I wont go into how the research behind such studies is generally funded, for now).
As already stated, pretty much EVERYTHING we consume is damaging in large quantities. I feel like we are going in circles here, the main difference between our opinions appears to be based solely on what falls either side of a prohibition line - clearly we have to agree to disagree as to where our rights as human-being fall when considering that line.

In fact, if you research the movement behind prohibition of cannabis in the 1930s you'll quickly realise the insane level of sacremongering and misinformation that was raised in order to scare a populous into submission (sounds similar to a Trump election) - we have America to thank for that, although, bizarrely, the US is currently decades ahead of the UK in righting that wrong!

there is more joy to be found with natural endorphins than any drug imo
This may/may not be true - but I expect you aren't going to advocate the banning of all contraband are you? It can be proven that since the dawn of time man has dabbled with natural remedies, for medicinal purposes, and to get one high as f*ck - this is never going to change. Live and let live, surely?
All advocates are asking for is the right to access - without being labelled a criminal (plus an end to stigma that is preventing medication from reaching those in need). Thats it.

Wasnt it Pot Smoking hippies that invented the mountain bike....?
Quite. And most of the best music of the last 60 years.. And much art. And an entire PEACE movement!
It really isn't the devils lettuce.

You can’t really compare marijuana & canabis to sugar crisps & sweets. That would be like comparing a shark to a gold fish.
Going back to my original point, what people do in their own homes is quite fine with me, not a problem at all. But having no choice in breathing this crap will always have my back up.
And regarding the use of drugs in the production of music, bikes or any other thing. It’s not the drug that created them, it was the brain & imagination, you don’t need drugs for that. Although I’m sure I will be contradicted on that and that s fine.
Some might say if it wasn’t for pot smoking hippies we wouldn’t have personal computing. But that’s utter none sense.

Re:

Attachments

• 2f0497968fb168c7dddce71fcbaf84bf.jpg
    2f0497968fb168c7dddce71fcbaf84bf.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 5a14b6dbf564bcd0a2f15bbbb3e3ac9a.jpg
    5a14b6dbf564bcd0a2f15bbbb3e3ac9a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 291
  • 74faea36bbfd61840d5f24931904033f--weed-quotes-marijuana-quotes.jpg
    74faea36bbfd61840d5f24931904033f--weed-quotes-marijuana-quotes.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 86c5f660188cdce7af657c3b83d007b5.jpg