Should I get a bell?

th

It's up to $50 though! 😨
(I'm not buying a bell that looks like a bell okay)

How do you justify that kind of outlay?
Especially since it benefits other people.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I admit I've never ever used a bell. Well, as a toddler I had a bell on my bicycle. But I've never used it since, I usually slow down and call out to people and say on your right or left, if they don't respond I sprint past and hope they don't do a sudden move.

I find that on most shared trails and on bicycle paths here folks keep looking behind them so it isn't an issue. Just respect of one another. Bicycle lanes here are often bike/pedestrian so at the end of the day it's looking out for each other that matters

My wife gets really embarrassed when I do that :)
She's right, go the polite way as i did for years, clapping hands loud, no verbal insult or annoying ring ring... however my gf told me it's not nice to do so, pedestrians fleeing like pigeons when they realise that i'm riding towards them with released handlebars..

Just get a rear wheel with an insanely loud freehub and use a bit of coasting to alert those around you...

I've a Hope on my S/S that I reckon can probably be heard in the next county.

Back