Young people who smoke cannabis

Having started experimenting with weed myself at 16, I saw nothing wrong with it. It was casual, recreational useage. But over the years it got more frequent. I think this actually coincided with adding it to tobacco to smoke joints whereas initially I refused to smoke tobacco as up until trying it I wqas a bit of a health-freak/competitive cyclist in my school years.
So here I am now, just turned forty & on & off for the last 10 years been struggling to kick the habit. Again probably the nicotine I've struggled with but for me I've never been a fag smoker & only a recreational weed smoker. Thankfully I'm months in to not smoking anything & don't feel like I'm about to dabble any time soon. All my associates have all taken the same outlook that at 40 years old we can't be doing this forever.

It is worth mentioning that there is clearly a difference between users of any drugs that see it as something they can take or leave or a substance they choose to 'hammer' every waking minute of the day. These are the sorts that don't work, claim benefits & sit around wasted all day.

Cannabis always intrigued me as a child, subconsciously I always knew I was going to try it. Ultimately I am disappointed I used it for so long, maybe my life would have worked out differently, I found it at the wrong time in my life (just before taking my GCSE's), it got in the way of my college & Uni life (quit Uni 1 year in). My attitude to youths that smoke weed is that they are making a huge error. But typically some people love it & keep it up, others hate it straight off & many merely flirt with it & stop it pretty soon after starting.

Personally I wouldn't legalise it, we'll have a nation of people floating about with no aspirations or motivation.

I have smoked plenty back in the day. mainly a weekend user.
but being introduced to this drug at 8 years old didn't help.
and I was one of those people craving something stronger.
when I got something stronger it didn't agree with me.
and for me it was a way of blocking out a traumatic childhood.
like i have said its not for me.
what you see with me goes a lot deeper.

and with my brother it did lead to heroin.

sinnerman":1teyv0f5 said:
I wish I was at Woodstock in 1969.

Yeah, me too, though i would have only been 3 and not really appreciated it :LOL:

Soul Sacrifice, classic!!

minor_LEGEND":248ybk0q said:
Having started experimenting with weed myself at 16, I saw nothing wrong with it. It was casual, recreational useage. But over the years it got more frequent. I think this actually coincided with adding it to tobacco to smoke joints whereas initially I refused to smoke tobacco as up until trying it I wqas a bit of a health-freak/competitive cyclist in my school years.
So here I am now, just turned forty & on & off for the last 10 years been struggling to kick the habit. Again probably the nicotine I've struggled with but for me I've never been a fag smoker & only a recreational weed smoker. Thankfully I'm months in to not smoking anything & don't feel like I'm about to dabble any time soon. All my associates have all taken the same outlook that at 40 years old we can't be doing this forever.

It is worth mentioning that there is clearly a difference between users of any drugs that see it as something they can take or leave or a substance they choose to 'hammer' every waking minute of the day. These are the sorts that don't work, claim benefits & sit around wasted all day.

Cannabis always intrigued me as a child, subconsciously I always knew I was going to try it. Ultimately I am disappointed I used it for so long, maybe my life would have worked out differently, I found it at the wrong time in my life (just before taking my GCSE's), it got in the way of my college & Uni life (quit Uni 1 year in). My attitude to youths that smoke weed is that they are making a huge error. But typically some people love it & keep it up, others hate it straight off & many merely flirt with it & stop it pretty soon after starting.

Personally I wouldn't legalise it, we'll have a nation of people floating about with no aspirations or motivation.

My biggest regret is Tobacco.....!

videojetman":1jlij4j7 said:
You can’t really compare marijuana & canabis to sugar crisps & sweets. That would be like comparing a shark to a gold fish.
Going back to my original point, what people do in their own homes is quite fine with me, not a problem at all. But having no choice in breathing this crap will always have my back up.

My point was more aimed at the fact that sugar, whilst a very different product, is a known contributor to worldwide obesity and multiple horrendous illnesses, and millions of premature deaths - yet it is not prohibited. I was drawing parralels to other contraband and people's rights to access.

I don't know where you're hanging out but I only tend to smell it a couple times a year, maybe at the beach or at a music venue.
I hate passive smoking myself, yet accept that it is pretty much unavoidable in certain circumstances, I also hate diesel fumes and other traffic pollution but it's a way of life.
Out of the above I know which I'd rather smell publicly.

sinnerman":2i4t3snb said:
In fact if you could grow your own, smoke it, in designated places, coffee shops what ever, it becomes far more socially acceptable, no one could earn profit from it, because anyone could grow it.

Im confident there could be far less users of Hard drugs, and Drug Addicts because of it.

They wouldn't be introduced to the Dark side of the world.................UNLESS they chose to go looking for it.

Then it would come down to personal choice, and it would be far harder to put the blame on the Cannabis plant.

Amen.

videojetman":2mmi6db0 said:
I have smoked plenty back in the day. mainly a weekend user.
but being introduced to this drug at 8 years old didn't help.
and I was one of those people craving something stronger.
when I got something stronger it didn't agree with me.
and for me it was a way of blocking out a traumatic childhood.
like i have said its not for me.
what you see with me goes a lot deeper.

and with my brother it did lead to heroin.

I can fully appreciate its not for everyone, and understand why.

Having tried most things, i dont have any regrets, i do have some amazing memories.

With that said, speaking from experience, my only regret is tobacco, i dont know what they put in it, to make it soooo addictive, but it is by far the worst Drug i have come across. ...!

I dont think there is any perfect solution for Cannabis, i think, like all drugs, everyone is effected in different ways and a lot of this i feel is genuinely down to there personal environment.

I know the dealer is the route of the problem, and whilst my suggestion for a solution is far from perfect, i feel it maybe the only way to move forward to stop the increasing use of Hard drugs, or worse corporate companies increasing its strength and creating far bigger issues than exist already

Back