Young people who smoke cannabis

KeepItSteel":1uox8k8j said:
I'd heartily recommend a little herbal medication,. It will drown out the worries and make the haribos taste astronomically good.

I'd actually rather that other kids/my kids were smoking weed than taking legal highs/pills/worse abusive substances - which is what a lot of them do anyway. I don't subscribe to the gateway theory, but I do subscribe to weed being inextricably linked to underground drug culture in general. Hence why I think decriminalisation of cannabis, or even better, legalisation, would only be a good thing.
But the worries are still there after the high , haribo taste taken into account
of course ! and i would rather kids looked for something harmless or helpful or constructive to do than take drugs of any kind to numb the problems that are still there anyway .
But thats my rose tinted world , i know alcohol can be worse so if you dont act like a pratt when your stoned ie driving a car then maybe its just the way of the world now and when the legislation comes as im sure it will ,hopefully we will see the crime reduced . :D

Crime will absolutely be reduced.
It boils down to human nature, many many of us seek vices to help us through the daily drudgery - this is nothing new. Alcohol being the most obvious, and genuinely lethal if abused.

It goes back to the same old argument, how many people have died from a cannabis overdose in the history of life? Answer = none. You can't OD on it.

For the vast majority it simply takes the edge off, there truly are so many more things that society should be getting it's knickers in a twist over.
I for one would be on prescribed opioids if I weren't self medicating, it truly works for me. If you Google opioid side effects and death rates then you'll begin to understand how backwards current legislation really is.

Re:

Its the crime and its effect on family and community that bother me .

People have been killing themselves with drugs and alcohol for years and the bottom line is no body forces you to start doing it and everyone knows the risks when they do.

I know a lot of respected people use it and swear by it which is all fine , lots of people function just fine holding down jobs and leading perfectly good lives but its when it effects the community as it does here it piss*s me off .

Maybe i need to chill and try one :LOL:

Re: Re:

shinobi":163ide2m said:

People have been killing themselves with drugs and alcohol for years and the bottom line is no body forces you to start doing it and everyone knows the risks when they do.

I know a lot of respected people use it and swear by it which is all fine , lots of people function just fine holding down jobs and leading perfectly good lives but its when it effects the community as it does here it piss*s me off .

Get yourself a bad back and a stomach ulser so the NHS has no alternative but to prescribe you Tramadol..crack open a single malt and start enjoying strictly...... :D :shock: :oops: :facepalm:

shinobi":11bzrwye said:
when it effects the community as it does here it pisses me off

Back to my original point, imagine a society with no black market for weed - but instead there are dispensaries, or heck, people can legitimately grow at home..
The price falls..
Availability is no problem.
There is literally no point for criminals to continue supplying.

Your local oiks will still find plenty else to get up to unfortunately - but they won't be peddling green.

Deffo chill and try one! Come on down :)

KeepItSteel":10xthdpo said:
shinobi":10xthdpo said:
when it effects the community as it does here it pisses me off

Back to my original point, imagine a society with no black market for weed - but instead there are dispensaries, or heck, people can legitimately grow at home..
The price falls..
Availability is no problem.
There is literally no point for criminals to continue supplying.

Your local oiks will still find plenty else to get up to unfortunately - but they won't be peddling green.

Deffo chill and try one! come on down:)
:LOL: :LOL: Thanks for the offer but not for me im afraid , i will stick to a 2ltr of frosty jack under the pier :D
Im guessing your from the south coast ?

Re:

On today's BBC news - a link between cannabis use and depression: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47215806.

However, key information about quantity consumed is missing.

As for legalisation: I expect it's only a matter of time. Whether that's for the best - I don't really know. But I guess it might win quite a lot of votes on an election manifesto.

it does help with a 14 min rendition of freebird on the set list! ha ha! seriously, i've smoked all my life, but gone months without, only use it for polishing frames and listening to production on our new tracks. also listen to them straight and after a few beers and then get a good overall idea of what annoys me about the production before it is finalised. used with common sence...it's fine! but i'm not young anymore :-(

Back