Young people who smoke cannabis

Just an update, myself and my wife have been working with mental health services to deal with my sons addictions.
But as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
My son has decided he is better off dealing crack and heroin for a county lines gang.
Long story short for my son starting on weed has lead to cocaine addiction.
I know it’s not like that for everyone. But in my sons case it has gone bad really bad.
If some of you really knew me you wouldn’t be telling me to educate myself.
As the saying goes walk a mile in my shoes then judge me.
Hope your kids don’t turn into addicts.

Very sorry to hear of your sons troubles. I can only imagine how much anxiety this causes you and the rest of your family.
I know someone in a similar situation, moved to a new area and got involved with heroin dealing and addiction years ago, (no history of cannabis use that I know of). Prison actually helped him recover for a number of years but fingers crossed it doesn't come to that for your lad.

I also feel sorry for you and your family for having to go through this.

Having worked alongside drug councilors i have seen many families and individuals go through similar. However, to blame a plant is not really helpful for yourselves or your son, and whoever told you that was the reason is not really helping either, sorry.

My advice to educate was aimed purely at your attitude and comments and your sons situation, not at you as a person or your experiences, so i stand by my advice and its up to you wether you accept help or take it personally.

Anyway, like above, my thoughts are with you and hopefully the future will brighten for you and your family, dont give up hope.

videojetman":36x2q57m said:
If some of you really knew me you wouldn’t be telling me to educate myself.

With the greatest respect, we're all (or at least should be) learning. That's pretty much the cornerstone of our very existence; this thing called life.

legrandefromage":967vhbu0 said:
I've forgotten what I came in here for.

Cake?

Peachy!":qq34gkbu said:
legrandefromage":qq34gkbu said:
I've forgotten what I came in here for.

Cake?

No cake here. There only appears to be Garibaldi available :shock:

I started on the Ginger-beer shandies, and now I'm on the Rum, sometimes neat from the bottle.
Anyone else start on the gateway drug that is ginger-beer ?. Or was it the babycham ?.

With most people holding no more than an opinion rather than a qualification- and I’m NOT counting a general qualification from the school of life and NO in depth knowledge of your personal situation other than what you have shared with us, I’m not sure what answers you hope to find here to a very complex problem.

As a parent of a very happy go lucky 12 yr old I truly feel alarmed by your situation - however with the best will in the world my sympathy or empathy isn’t going to help your son, it may of course be cathartic for you to have somewhere to discuss your situation and air your feelings from time to time as events crop up - as you have done, However the friendly advise people have offered up in good faith is (in the grand scheme of things) of no more use than Baz Luhrmanns commentary on life ‘always wear sun screen’

Whilst I welcome your decision to discuss your feelings rather than bottling them up - please don’t be offended by people misinterpreted your comments or sharing their opinions that may or may not be in line with what your seeking.

A natter over Cake and a cup of tea may well help in a lot of situations - but alas not here and to be honest that’s probably the limit of what the majority of us can offer,

And yes after sharing my opinion here - Baz Luhrmanns strap line is still far better advice and more relevant than any thoughts I hold or the light heartedly comments on Shady Bass posted above to lighten the mood.

Back