Yankee Funk - BEING REBUILT

Re: Look at what just got delivered : The Yankee Funk Build

I think we're going to have to resurect the "Show us your Funk" thread at some point but I can't find it...

ti_pin_man":36bmluxk said:
Rocki - I'll take the rigid forks if you have them OR even the Funk sus forks... that 3 different sizes for seatposts I now have, a 31.6 / 28.0 / 26.8. guess i need to go with the measurement from the LBS tool. Although I might just get them to recheck.

what i have aren't FUNK forks per say. think they were standard aftermarket unicrown curved leg steel affair, which seemed common for FUNKs outside of their own forks, perhaps before they made their own forks???

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=162004

i wouldn't be parting the fork from the frame unfortunately.

There's nothing like a nice subtle paint job. :p

I rumaged through my spares box last night and found I had an old 31.6 seatpost so fitted it and bingo, its a nice snug fit. I'll need to source a decent post as the spares box is usually remnants from years of biking and not suitable for this bike but at least i know the sizing is correct.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys and yes it is the most non subtle paint job I've ever seen. For a guy who usually likes the quiet, unassuming brushed ti look I had to take a deep breath when I bought it. :)

ti_pin_man":100xizeg said:
I rumaged through my spares box last night and found I had an old 31.6 seatpost so fitted it and bingo, its a nice snug fit. I'll need to source a decent post as the spares box is usually remnants from years of biking and not suitable for this bike but at least i know the sizing is correct.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys and yes it is the most non subtle paint job I've ever seen. For a guy who usually likes the quiet, unassuming brushed ti look I had to take a deep breath when I bought it. :)

Curious…. everyone else seems to have Ø26.8mm i.e. 2.5mm wall thickness. Have you confirmed you need a Ø31.8mm front mech? If you do, could your seat tube have been reamed when it was repainted? Does it look worryingly thin?

no the vernier measurement on the outer diameter is 35mm so a few mm for metal and paint seems about right.

Coming along nicely, agree the disk drive really suits the build :)

Rich

Awesome looking forward to your photos coming soon...out of interest are you loosing some of the headset spacers bet it will look harder with out a couple looks modern with to many back in the day there would have been very little :cool:

Back