Yankee Funk - BEING REBUILT

Re: Look at what just got delivered : The Yankee Funk Build

yep, and now I've got the matching shifters. the sram period front mech is a plain black, they never did stars / stripes on a front mech, very odd. in fact even the grips were black with the 'betsy' set. odd.

you should paint the lowers on the Manitou and continue the blue with the white stars on it. ;)

ti_pin_man":2rodropx said:
EDIT: my LBS has a tool to measure seatpost sizing and it shows this bike needs a 31.6 . . any other Funk owners care to comment?

My e-stay FUNK is 26.8....as i think all were. I have owned a few and they were all that size. Front mech size is 31.8...so if it needs a 31.6 then there aint much metal there :D

My Funk Force GS is 27.2....but thats' something else altogether :cool:

antstark, this is why I took it to my local bike shop. they build penny farthings and are more mechanically minded than most carbon road shops OR kiddies bike for xmas shops. They have a tool, sort of a plug they drop into the post hole and it measures the internal diameter, it came up 31.6.

As for painting the Manitou forks.... I'm leaving that decision till after i have the build completed. I toyed with the idea earlier but for now will leave this until I see it finished.

fyi… my FUNK (which is on the back burner, and i may just sell) takes 26.8mm as well

I have a few other pics but not reqally going to have progress until the seatpost arrives and the red cable outers. the outers are on order and my eyes are scanning fleabay for a seatpost... then I'll post some more up.

Rocki - I'll take the rigid forks if you have them OR even the Funk sus forks... that 3 different sizes for seatposts I now have, a 31.6 / 28.0 / 26.8. guess i need to go with the measurement from the LBS tool. Although I might just get them to recheck.

What is the front mech clamp diameter Joe ?

ti_pin_man":2t3jzdrn said:
I have a few other pics but not reqally going to have progress until the seatpost arrives and the red cable outers. the outers are on order and my eyes are scanning fleabay for a seatpost... then I'll post some more up.

Rocki - I'll take the rigid forks if you have them OR even the Funk sus forks... that 3 different sizes for seatposts I now have, a 31.6 / 28.0 / 26.8. guess i need to go with the measurement from the LBS tool. Although I might just get them to recheck.

Mine's a Ø26.8mm.

What about painting both the stem and forks blue and carry the stars through?

swede, once finished I'll stand back and consider the idea of painting the fork. i would have definitely done that if i'd sourced a funk rigid fork but want to finish it to plan and then fine tune it... the tuning might mean i nip to a paint shop and see options, we'll see sir.

ant - the seat tube measured 35mm. I suspect the paint job is thickly layered.

Back